HB Transducer

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max Neathamer2

Reaction score
Good evening everyone,

I have finally decided on a Hummingbird 596 di for the bow of my Nitro. I have looked at different sites to purchase the unit and I see that it comes with transom type transducer. Seeing how I want to put it on my trolling motor I have looked around for transducer that will be a good setup for the 596 di. I have found 2. One is a reg "puck" style and the other is a "low profile" type. Anyone out there have this unit on their bow and if so, which transducer would you rec? Also, I will be putting a 597 di combo in my console area this summer.

Thanks

Max

Max

I may be jumping the gun, but I think you can mount that transducer on the trolling motor with a kit. My 'ducer for my 998 came with a transom mount and bracket, but if I'm not mistaken, you can use a TMotor bracket. One consideration would be the location on the Troller..... it may be susceptable(sp?) to damage.

I broke my bracket yesterday, but only at the attachment points (plastic)where the 'ducer attaches to the bracket. the 'ducer was undamaged.

Jeffry,

Thanks for the the info. I did some more checking and I see bps has two diff bracket's for the ducer that comes with the unit. I will do some more checking.

Thanks again.

Max

Max,

I do not think that we have started producing the trolling motor version DI transducers yet, so your only option would be to use an adapter as you have stated. You have two options there: call Humminbird and talk to them about getting a trolling motor adapter sent to you (1-800-633-1468, I believe that this is the AD-XTM9 ), or buy an adapter from another company such as Transducer Shield & Saver (http://transducershieldandsaver.com/home/transducers?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=37&category_id=5 ).

Greg Walters at Humminbird

Max,

I went onto the site Greg suggested, and they have a bracket (TM-HDsi) that looks like the Bee's knees. Included in the "detail" section are pics of how to rig it. I have a TransducerShield bracket that I'm not using because I don't have a jackplate. If I can't adapt it to my troller, I'm gonna put it on "swap and sell". I'll not be able to try it until Sunday, so ealiest date I can post it would be Monday 30 Jan 2011.

check out the TS site.

Thanks Greg! Once again, you give usful advice that helps not only the poster to whom you respond, but others as well. Stay healthy!!:D
http://www.transducershieldandsaver...ypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=11&category_id=5

Thank you guys for your input. I will check them out. Once again, this site rocks.

Have a great fishing season

Max

The trolling motor puck version of the DI transducer is on the Humminbird web site.

XTM 9 DI 25 T

Exchange the transom model for that one for better TM RF interference prevention.

Transducer Shield and Saver has a mount for the DI transom transducer to use on the trolling motor, you have to call them to order. It is not shown on their website yet.

DItransducer1.jpg

Hi guys,

Just going over the responses and checking diff sites on what to do. I will call hummingbird and see if they having any responses on the transom style having interferance problems if mounted on the T/M. Def something to think about. I did find some adaptors that ran from $20 and up but the nicest is the transducer shield version.$75 but I think it would be the best product in the long run..

Thanks again guys.

Max

http://transducershieldandsaver.com/home/transducers?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=37&category_id=5

Max,

I can tell you that we have had reports of trolling motor interference when using the transom mounted DI transducer on the trolling motor, but there is no guarantee that you will experience the same or not. The trolling motor version will have an added shield in the transducer itself once we start building them (we had not as of last week).

Thanks Greg - great info as alway! Any ETA on pucks being available? Santa gave me a 570 DI for Christmas (YEAH!) and I haven't even opened the box yet. Wondering also if you guys have a trade in program to swap the transom mount transducer for the puck when available?

Thanks - Jim

Thank you Greg for the info. I guess I just need to decide on what to do as fas as putting this setup on the trolling motor. May go with the 597 di combo for the console and wait for hummingbird to get the transducers figured out for the T/M? Sure would hate to put all that money out on a 596 di ($500+) and a transducer adaptor ($75) and have it give me problems.

Thanks again..

Max

Jim/Max,

No word on the ETA for the trolling motor mounted DI transducers.

There is only so much that we can do from our side of things but the end result is that if the RF that is being generated by the trolling motor is strong enough: there is nothing we can do to prevent it from interfering with our sonar.

Greg,

Thanks for the info. Spent the whole w/e asking around and reading blogs from other HB owners about probs with their units if any and I saw only 2 people having problems with interference. One had wired his to the trolling motor battery. The other thought he just had a bad unit. I think I will order the Transducer saver (TM-DI). From the pictures it looks as if the saver will keep the transducer away from the T/M as well as protect it. I will post pics as well as post a youtube video of how it will turn out.

Max

Latest posts

Back