Having a bar-b-que.... wish I could invite you all

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TritonGlenn

Reaction score
Well,

We are having a small bar-b-que on the deck of my boat. Only about 5,000 people are coming, so cleanup is going to take a while. We have 20 or more grills going, with thousands of pounds of burgers / ribs / chicken / etc... My turn to cook at 1430 (2:30 pm for those that don't read military time well). Am I confusing anyone yet? Well, I'm still at sea. The "boat" I speak of is the Aircraft Carrier I'm stationed on, and we are having a "steel beach picnic" today. The Chief Petty Officers (my group), Officers, and First Class Mess (E-6's) are all cooking for the crew on the flight deck. We just finished some major inspections, and decided to celebrate a little this afternoon. Since these types of events are few and far between, it's really something to see when we have one. Wish I had my digital camera on me - I'd take a picture of the flight deck with all these great sailors on it. It's a sight to see! Well, I'm going to go see about getting some grub before it's my turn to cook. I'm coming home this week for quite a few months. It's going to be good to see the family for extended periods of time, not just a couple days here and there. Seems like every time I go to sea for a couple weeks, my 18 month old learns something new. My wife wrote to me that he is excited about "Nemo". She bought him the video and pajama's and when she puts his pajama's on at night, he points to the fish and yells "NEMO!". Figures - my son likes fish!:D Chip off the old block. I hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Glenn

Glen - I had to read your first sentence a few times till I got it! "We are having a small bar-b-que on the deck of my boat. Only about 5,000 people are coming" I'm sitting here thinking "how frigging BIG is his Triton!!!!" then I remembered WHICH boat!!! LOL

been to a few of those BQS aboard ship not as many people the APAs I was on only held abatalion of marines and the sailor crew they set up pits on fantale when water was calm then they would drop us off on a beach and would give us our beer ration I think I spent more time aboard ship than alot sailers and I was a grunt not a bellhop do they still have beer rations after you have been out to sea for so long

JD

You really had me going with the fiurst sentence or so.:) I wish I could be there too and I hope you had a great time.

Bill

YEA we were at sea along time during the cuban blockad and again when we were on ready batalion off Namin early 60s

JD

You know what would be a great pic. A guy standing on the edge of a carrier with rod and a line in the water! LOL Or better, trolling out behind it.

Latest posts

Back