Happy Veteran's Day

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Koepp

Reaction score
my thanks, to you, your sons or daughters, or fathers or mothers.

US Army, '69-71

Best wishes to all Vet's and active duty.

I was fortunate

Army 1960 - 1962. Too young for Korea and too old for Viet Nam.

Thanks and Bless You to all of my Military brethren here on N.T.O.W.S. and everywhere else in this country!! I love you all!!

Uncle Billy

Co. E, 2/501 101st Airborne Div.

Republic of Viet Nam 68' - 69'

I thank each and everyone of our Vets. Hope everyday is great the rest of your life.

Bubby:)

ARMY 63-69 Thanks to all C111 you arent that young seems like you will be one year older today Happy B-Day my friend watch the mail.....

Many, many thanks and sincere gratitude for all of the Service given in the name of our great Country.

While I didn't have the opportunity to serve, my father did - during WWII.

Tex

Thanks to all who have served and to those who serve. U.S. Air Force 1970-1978 R.A.F. Lackenheath, England; Grand Forks A.F.B., North Dakota; and Keesler A.F.B., Mississippi.

Barry from La.:)

Thank you all and God Bless you all!! Great reason to take my Dad out for lunch. He served in WWII and Korea. This day is recognized, but also be thankful for the liberty enjoyed during the other 364 days a year made possible by the Armed Services sacrifices willingly given for all.

US Navy Seabees 75-80 Got one in the USMC now.God Bless them all

I, too, am a little "twisted" by Carlos' reference to "older"...:angry::p But, I appreciate the sentiment (sorta,,,LOL)

I have a hard time putting my feelings today into words. As I age I am acutely aware of how long ago it was that I served with some of the finest men I will ever know. Some of those men did not get the opportunity to age and my mind only sees them as the young men they were then. So much of my life happened in a 21 month stretch of the calendar... But, so much more after... I have a growing family that now includes two grandchildren.

Today is a day to remeber every one who served. But, especially, remember the ones who didn't get to have that long life after their service. So, when you think of your family and friends today, think of those who didn't get to have that family because they gave their lives so that your family could live free.

Semper Fi to all those who did not get to come home alive and to those that did. My greatest honor and privilege in this lifetime was to have been chosen to lead Marines in battle. God Bless all my Bothers and fellow Veterans.

After posting the originating message of this thread I had second thoughts on my title. "Happy" Veterans Day isnt exactly how I feel, nor do I feel it is the most common sentiment among my fellows. I should have titled it differently and apologize for lack of thought there.

Frankly, its about the only "holiday" that means much to me anymore, and not in a festive way but one of introspective thought and remembrances.

I had seen it before, but watched (at three this morning!) the local PBS station replay a program on medal of honor recipients. I was humbled.

God bless all the veterans past, present and future.

1st Battalion (Airborne) 8th Cavalry

1st Cavalry Division (Air Assault, Air Mobile)

Viet Nam 1965 -1966 & 1968-1969

Thank you to all who served or still serving!

USN(Ret)

1971-1992

Pondscum,

I don't think any of the Veterans here even noticed your message header! It was just nice that someone did remember and said thanks..You know what I mean?

I didn't really notice Carlos' statement about us "Older Vets" Greg so thanks for catching that for me. "Older Vets" huh Carlos???:huh:

I could steal everything Greg said in his post and use it,except for the Grandchildren reference that is.:):rolleyes:

o

JR, I might be wrong but I don't believe CIII's Birthday is today? I'm not totally sure JR but I think his birthday is the 16th.??

Yes Carlos B-Day Is the 16th I still have time was thinking Marines..Oh well whats the difference...I guess his present might get there In time this year..HA HA HA

Latest posts

Back