Happy Fathers Day

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TritonGlenn

Reaction score
To all of those out there that are fathers - Happy Fathers Day!

I was going to go fishing today, but I think my wife and son had other plans because they seemed hell bent on ensuring I wasn't taking the boat out today. :lol:

Oh well... there's always next weekend! :lol::lol::lol:

All the best,

Glenn

I'm going to have a good day.My son announced to me yesterday that he is engaged.I'm going to surprise my Dad at church this morning by just showing up.Hope all the "Big Daddies" out there have a great day.

Happy Fathers Day to all! It is a true blessing from God to be a father and I am so thankful that I have a great dad who taught me what it means to be a father. God Bless All and enjoy today!

I thank God and my wife for three great kids and two fantastic grandchildren... That is what Father's Day is all about.

{snif, snif} no family with me here in Florida so what to do on Father's Day?............GO FISHING:lol::lol: Well, not really but I finally got so dang frustrated at looking at the river, I went out ON the river just to play around and see how my new electronics work (or not, that's another story). So I load up the boat with a gallon of green tea and figure I am going to go out and run around so that I can burn some fuel through my motah and feel the wind on my face. Go to launch and of course it's dead low tide and I notice there are no docks at this launch. Just a huge concrete slab with 5 foot concrete walls on either side. Hmmmmm.....I'm used to launching alone so this shouldn't be a problem and then I stepped on the scum line on the ramp and I was up to my waist in exactly 1.2 seconds!!:lol: It was like down hill skiing!! So I back the boat in and use my dock line to pull her the rest of the way off the trailer and up on the shore. Go park the truck and feel it's getting pretty dang hot. Come out of the creek and onto the main river and it reminds me a lot of the Potomac....except without all of the garbage!!:lol: Run down to my house and it is super shallow on the point, so

I run across to Dr's Lake and check that out. Then I decide to make the longer run down to Black's Creek which, on the map is very interesting with 50-60 foot depths (in Florida, that is below sea level!!:huh: I ran up about 6 miles and I can tell you I will be spending a lot of time in there!! Beautiful and some of the fishiest water I have seen. Pads, Laydowns, grass, weeds, rocks, everything you could imagine with deep water right nearby. The creek is only 100 feet or so wide and there was a lot of traffic, so it's a weekday area for sure. Couldn't help myself and picked up a white SPRO frog and thew it next to a laydown in some pads and saw a pretty good sized fish flash on it (I have no idea what it was). By now it's blazin hot (103) and I drank all of my tea so I run back to the ramp, load up and head home. Get parked and my neighbor comes over and invites me over for Father's day dinner with his family. He is an Iranian doctor and I get to finally see the inside of his "house". WOW!! First house I have been in with an elevator!!:p Get back over to my pad and my son calls from Omaha, he's doing great, got an IT job and things are looking up. Daughter texts me from a restaurant, she and my wife went to a musical and had a blast. So, I had a decent father's day.

TOXIC

PS They ought to put a warning label on jugs of green tea and what it does to your body functions. I thought somebody turned an iguana loose in my toilet!!:lol::lol::lol::lol: Scared me 1/2 to death!!

Tox - You can trailer down to Black's Camp in the creek where there's a dock, baitshop and a few nice local grub joints to save you a bit of on the water running. Try running a yellow Snagless Sally around those pads up in the creek narrows when you see the shiners on the move. Use big mono (or braid) and a big stick!! You may not have been with family yesterday, but you know you were thought of with love. ;)

Shoot, once I get the rig on the lift, it won't be much of a run down there at all (Black's Creek). Now I gotta go Google a Snagless Sally:lol: :lol: There's gotta be big buckemouths up there somewhere....but it is a lot of water!!

TOXIC

Is there a 'Black's Camp' everywhere? Reminds me of when I asked where to go on Santee. Just go down to Black Camp.

Tex

Latest posts

Back