Guest Charger

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
Just Got my new Guest Charger and I have got to tell you I have NEVER seen a more professionally constructed unit. I got the 2745A and let me tell you there isn't a piece of plastic anywhere on it. 3 bank, 15 amp, 4 hour....that's right 4 hour total recovery time. Lifetime guarantee on water damage, 2 year for everything else. This unit weighs in at 25lbs!!! It is a hoss!! Looks like the aluminum heads off of a 455 hemi!! LOL Goin out to mount it now....in the rain.

Thanks Sue!!

TOXIC

Ok, mounting is done. As usual, I had to do a little "fabrication" to get it in. This is a BIG, heavy unit. It extended beyond the mounting bulkhead on the transom of my 929 and of course the mounting holes didn't match up in any way with my old mororguide. It was difficult getting in between the gas tank and the bulkhead to get a hole started (the one on bottom was a total beech). Self tapping ss screws will not dig into that glass with regular arm pressure! Fabricated a piece of pressure treated lumber to fit against the transom (angled I might add). Secured it with liquid nails silicone and screwed the mounts that extended beyond the bulkhead into the wood. Pretty darn solid right now.

Now for my question......nowhere on the mounting and wiring diagram does it show a situation where you have to run a jumper wire across the two trolling motor batteries to achieve 24v. Will this affect the charger? I've got 3 green lights right now.

TOXIC

Toxic, No that won't hurt your charger, because each bank of the charger charges each battery independently. No need for a jumper.

Terry,

The jumper is for the TM. I don't think it will affect the charger but you never know. Without the jumper, my tm will only do 12v.

TOXIC

Toxic, i had to fabricate a piece just like what you did to get my guest 2631 on. i dont know how you built yours but what i did was i predrilled the plywood for the screw holes and i put tee nuts under there so i could use machine bolts and a bit of locktite when i put the charger on the board. mounting it that way worked pretty good and i was able to get it screwed into the bulkhead no problem with the evrea room the plywood gave me.

Jim B.,

Since I could get two screws on the bulkhead, I just wanted the overlapped two to get screwed into something so that there would be support and hold the cooling fins off of the bulkhead glass. My charger does get warm. I like your idea. If mine doesn't hold, I will give it a try.

TOXIC

Toxic, My fault your right miss read or didn,t sink in brain very good.. Terry

Back