'New' Guest Chargers? The Opti Charge? Question for Sue D.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Payne

Reaction score
Still looking for a 1 bank charger (or a "cheaper" way to upgrade to a 4 bank)...

Saw these new "OptiCharge" chargers from Guest... They seem to be priced lower than the other Guest units.

What's the Scoop Sue? These aren't on the Guest site yet.

From the Cabela's Website:

Guest OptiCharge Waterproof On-Board Battery Chargers

The Guest OptiCharge gives you optimal charging and maintenance you can permanently mount to your boat at a great price. Direct charge puts each battery in direct relationship with its own charging bank, adding extra protection from overcharging. Guest's unique potting system coats all electronics with an epoxy compound for safe, reliable use. These units are waterproof, impact resistant and ignition protected. One-year warranty.

i016443sq02.jpg

Sim,

The good news is that they will be listed on the new website within the next week. :D The bad news is that the OptiCharger did not sell as well as anticipated and they are now discontinued.:(

Sue

ok...

So, If I see one for $47 + shipping, is it a good deal, or should I wait/get the 26xx 1 bank model instead?

Or, do you have some closeouts that I can get straight from Guest?

Sim,

It is a good deal, however it is physically a big charger. How much room do you have?

Sue

I've got room... I've got a 2613A in there now... just need one more bank.

It (The 2613) is on one wall... i've got an identical space on the other side of the splashwell available.

Yep...

I've got a radio whose "memory" seems to drain it over a 2-3 week span (if for some ungodly reason I don't get to go fishing inbetween time)... I'm going to disconnect that, but with winter coming on, I much prefer to keep a charger on it whenever possible.

You can use the OptiCharger, however another to consider is the 2606A portable that you can also use on your car, tractor etc.

Back