Google search problem

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatrap

Reaction score
Anybody having problems with their google search being redirected to some other search engine?

fatrap:angry:

Run your malwarebytes... That redirect is probably an unfriendly visitor to your system...

You still have my number... after the scan, call me

Fatrap,

its called a hijacker... Havn't had that problem since i went to the I Mac:cool:

Sounds like a browser hijack got you. Cnet.com has some great freeware to help, AFTER Meyer gets to you and makes a recommendation. ;)

Same thing was going on with me. The son is home from college, so he helped me download Malwarebytes from CNET. It found a couple of infections and cleared them. Now, google searches are fine as long as I use the Google Chrome browser. If I use Internet Explorer and go to Google, I still get hijacked. Almost ready to commit to a Mac!

Every once in awhile, I get directed to another type of search engine. I've pretty much written it off to being hijacked by certain sites, and also the sometimes strange behavior that is associated with certain 'toolbars' that you may have on your browser.

That, and once you get directed to the 'other' sites, almost impossible to get back without either typing in a new URL or simply re-executing the original search from the google search menu.

Tex

Latest posts

Back