Gooey black oil under prop ?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Misocky

Reaction score
I've never just put my engine down sitting outside of the water and sure enough some water came out of prop area and thick black oil ??? Is this normal kind of a milky white appearance. I think it's the prop seal ? I have a 50 hp mercury carburetor. Is this a DIY job or should I seek out a pro?

Mark

In your last post you said you had a bent skeg and vibration. The skeg shouldn't cause a vibration, but a bent prop or prop shaft will. Tied together with this, I would say you need a good mechanic to look it over. Sounds to me like whatever bent the skeg did some internal damage.

Ok. The oil was thick Real thick The engine runs fine and I replaced the prop it was a little bent up. Before that it was vibrating bad. No vibration at all now. Like I mentioned I've never put the engine down at all.

Tbe seal is out inc the lower unit. Do not run the motor untill the lower unit has been checked and fixed. There are different things that could be wrong. The more you run it the more damage can be done, if not too late now.

Latest posts

Back