98 17.5 Tracker $ worth?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JG J

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I need ballpark or where to get selling price below:

(Due to family reasons the boat is not used anymore or for the past 5 years, now I am head of the family and want to sell it).

It has been used aprx 50 times local fresh water lake <5miles away, tires and motor condition prove the usage. The boat has some sun wear, carpet faded some, seats minor wear from sun, motor top cover lightly faded and deep finder faded all works and functions well.

I have detailed the thing inside and out, replaced anything in not so good or not working condition. Anything that looked like it would break or not hold up got replaced. The motor looks, cranks, idles, runs low or high speed, cold/hot like a brand new one!

Mechanically this boat was taken extremely good care of. Once Dad got sick it sit outside and the cover deteriorated away and the sun started in. I would sell this boat with as good a used guarantee as the best out there. Other words I stand behind it.

1998 tracker pro-team 17.5

troll motor w/ pedal thing

Fish finder/depth gauge

live well

1 new marine starter battery

1 troll batt good condition

*clean gas system replace boat gas filter, line, replaced bilge pump, lubed throttle cables, adjusted same cables, steering, fixed dash gauge wire that was corroded, replaced sun damaged frnt/rear casting seats with new from Basspro shop for Tracker boats. new speed-o thing water inlet thing. new 15' rope.

40 Mercury motor

Original brand New prop installed (I will try to sell the like new 21" SS 3 blade Vengeance(?) prop that was put on at the dealer for $500....Any takers???)

Power trim and raise(on motor, trolling motor area, throttle handle at the wheel.

Motor runs excellent

***replaced spark plugs, pulled carbs, replaced gas filters and lines down to the gas tank to assure clean fuel system. Tuned motor, timing. detailed the motor inside and out down to the foot. this motor looks like brand new. The bottom foot doesn't have a scratch! Replaced gear oil(old was like new).

Tracker custom trailer(normal tracker trailer)

excellent condition

Tires hardly no wear on the treads

light dry damage to the side walls, but very acceptable by anyones standards

**lubed jack, crank, replaced rt rear light Assembly, side boat guides w/ new, new boat tie down straps, new 4point harness, waxed trailer, new bearing grease and covers.

NADA has this at low retail 2400 and high retail 2700. That said, condition is more important on boats than cars. I'd personally pass on giving out any guarantees other than to fix what they find broken. It's also not the time of the year when a lot of people get lathered up over a boat, so you may want to wait until February or March unless you don't have a place to store this.

I'd wait until spring and ask $3200. That'll give you some leverage. Two years ago I asked 2 g's over the worth of my 93 Nitro and the first guy that seen it bought it even though he knew the bluebook.

fatrap

I think fatrap hit it on the head, you will do way better in the spring.

One thing I did not see you did was to replace the impeller. On that old of a motor, the impeller should be changed. And get a set of earmuffs to run it in the yard for potential buyers.

Also if those are original tires, they are probably due for replacement. The sun takes a real toll on tires.

3 years ago I would have bought this in a heartbeat! Now with a Z-7, I want a Z-8!

Good luck.

Thanks guys. I waxed the trailer, polished the boat lightly. While it is still in the 50-60degrees here I will put it out front of my moms house. No problem waiting till spring. The problem now is since it is so clean and running so good, I want to take it out crappie fishing!!!!

Kindest regards,

Update...

Just sold the boat today for $5,000.00. I placed 4sale sign $5,500. Parked it on a busy hwy and had several calls. Placed it on Craigslist and have had many offers, most of them low $3-3500 range.

Thanks again for your comments guys!

Back