Goodyear trailer tires and warranty?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Snow

Reaction score
Well, I've managed to have my second blowout in 3 months. Man, I hate Goodyears! Only two more to go and I'll be running all Carlisles :).

Anyway, does anyone know who, if anyone, covers Goodyear tires as Original Equipment on a Nitro trailer?

Mike: You can try your local GoodYear dealer but they will probably point there finger and Tracker and back and forth.

I don't have all the facts yet but I did read in a trade mag that GoodYear is so deep in debt they may file chapter 11 soon.

BF

I don't want to rain on a party either but, I've steered away from Goodyear in the last 10 years just like I have NEVER liked anything Firestone (before they had problems)...I have never had any luck with either.

TEE

Mike -

Any Goodyear Dealer can warranty your tires. Since it's a trailer tire, I would recommend an independent dealer - unless you've seen the same tire at WallyWorld or some such place.

The dealer will have the first responsibility to determine warranty; if it has been destroyed, he may well not be able to make a determination and have to send it back to Goodyear. If the tire is warrantable, Goodyear will have no problem replacing it or crediting you.

Check your air pressures - that is the biggest cause of failures on trailer tires. We tend to forget that they're bacl there! If you have low pressure in only one or two and not the others, you may have a puncture and should take it to a tire repair shop.

For the record, for almost 30 years now, I have bought almost exclusively Goodyear or Kelly. I have always been absolutely satisfied with their performance.

me!

Latest posts

Back