Good morning NTOWS. It's Saturday!

• Thread starter Glenn DesOrmeaux
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TritonGlenn

Reaction score
Coffee is brewing. Huge "neighborhood garage sale" going on right now. I'm about to walk outside, set up a table and lay out some rods and reels to make the husbands happy that are being drug around this morning. Ha! You should see the looks on their faces. I can see them from my front porch. The wives are all happy, looking through stuff. The husbands are standing there with their hands in their pockets looking bored out of their minds. I'm about ready to cheer some of them up. Ha!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

All the best,

Glenn

Put a helmet on and carry a cattleprod! :lol: Those poor fellas just endured a 180 deg. attitude turnaround when they saw your goodies while drug around by the Mrs. You'll wind up with a bunch of new best friends shortly. God Bless you for the kindness and prepare you for the swarm!!! :D

Well, that was a quick $70 cash in my pocket. :D I didn't realize the garage sale was officially over by 1100, and the gate at the front of my neighborhood ceased to have the "guest open" function locked - so the party is over. :unsure:

My wife got a good laugh out of it. She told me as I walked outside with a handful of rods, "You know that you're gonna have a bunch of people show up that don't speak English, and are expecting not to pay more than .50 cents for a rod".

.... well, she was right! I sold a few to people who knew they were getting a good deal, but most of the ones that didn't speak english too well walked away when I told them the prices. Quite a few mumbled something in Spanish as they walked away. I heard "Loco" once or twice. :lol: I think they believe that no rod should cost more than about $3 to $5 at a garage sale, no matter what the brand name on it is. :lol: Guess I have a lot to learn about garage sale prices. :lol:

But hey... I made some new friends and had some good laughs at the wives faces when their husbands all of a sudden perked up and crossed the street to come speak to me. :cool:

All the best,

Glenn

50 today and sunny, best day in a week, snowstorm with "accumilation" forecast for tomorrow night. HUGE SIGH

Good story. Yeah, EVERY time my wife wants to have a garage sale, I just go ballastic. Did a number of them with my civic club years ago, and the depth people will stoop to to try and get a 'steal of a deal' is unbelieveable.

After 'noon' in our big sales, all chothes were priced as follows:

$3.00 per grocery sack (brown paper) full. Cannot be ripped/torn or over the top.

People would come up to check out with a bag ripped and laid flat, and a double armfull of clothes on top, claiming they all fit but the bag broke.

Other trick, is to remove the price sticker, and then ask around the people selling to see who gives the best price.

Glad you enjoyed yourself, none the less.

Tex

Latest posts

Back