Good Mornin' NTOWS - Tuesday

• Thread starter William H. (Bill) Barham
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William H. (Bill) Barham

Reaction score
Good morning everyone. Yea, I know it's early, so what!:angry: Ok, I'm sorry for being in a bad mood but; I was sleeping peacably away when I started getting jabbed in the ribs. I should have truly thought it was someone hitting me in a dream and hit back but Noooooo,

I had to say "what's wrong honey"? She said "doesn't it feel cold in here to you"? I told her not until she woke me up.:eek: "I don't think the furnace is working, she said". UhOh, oh no, gosh darn it (a little more forcful), &*%&^$^%$, she was right, the &%$%$^ furnace was off and it's under the (*^&^*0 house! So it's up I get and start looking for my overalls that I haven't seen in a year or more. I finally find them jammed into a hall closet so I put them on. I was starting to feel like a warrior getting ready to do battle. Out of the house into the two inches of snow I go. I then realized that I should have worn something other than my warrior Top Sider deck shoes as I instantly had snow in them and wet feet. I take the access cover off of the upper deck and start my ridiculously slow crawl under the house. I finally get to the furnace and yep, it's not working. BRILLIANT! Jabbing at the little reset button didn't want to do the trick so the yelling up to Nancy begins to bring me this tool or that tool. Just as she gets to the access door I try one more push of the button and Voila', the darn thing fires up.Yippppeeeeeee... I sit under there for a while, butt getting colder and colder until I'm sure it's ok. Soooo, I'm sitting here writing this while it gets hotter and hotter in here but I'm not going to turn it down for awhile.:huh: Nancy is back in bed, the dogs have had their romp in the snow and didn't want to come in, and here I am wide awake. O well, let me pick up my favorite reading material and go back to bed and try to get sleepy, the BPS catalog. I promised Bill in VA I would look for some new rod and reels for him.

Everyone have a great and safe day.

Uncle Billy

Morning Bill..It's 8 degrees out and It's coming your way.....:)

What a way to start the day? I had to move all four cats to get out of bed this morning, so I know it was chilly in the house. Have a great day anyway.

BF

Good morning,

What a morning you've had lready Bill. let's hope your day gets better as it goes.

I had the sae thing last winter except I was a week without heat and had to change the unit. I was able to do some gerry rigging every night when I got home to get the house warm and I have a fireplace so I survived. :)

Mornin' all! 19 degrees here right now. I'm ready for Spring now.

Morning all, Brrrr, 5* here right now with a high of 10* today( wind chills to -20). :eek:. Time to fire up the woodburner after work today. Have a good one and stay warm. Chris F.

Man Bill that is a FUN (not) way to start the day. I've had to do the same thing to the door on my furnace, but luckily ours is in the attic.

25 BALMY degree's here in NotSoHotlanta! Sun comming up, got a light day at the office and will get my boat from the shop around lunch!!

Stay warm!

Morning everyone.

Well I guess our 28 degrees this morning seems warm to most of you and it wasn't so bad getting out and getting to work, but the indoor thermometer in my office is showing only 58 degrees! I'm guessing that someone never flipped the switch on our thermostat from COOL to HEAT... Not that it will matter much to me as I will be riding the waves for the majority of the day while doing some on-water testing of some new products!

Stay warm everybody.

Greg Walters at Humminbird

[email protected]

Morning all!

Not a good way to start the day Bill! The first winter after our addition and new furnace, I was woken to the same thing. Our new furnace vents through a pvc pipe, and when the guy installed it, he put a screen over it to keep bugs, etc out. The bad thing is, the opening was facing the direction all our weather comes from, so the holes on the screen froze up from the moisture and snow, the furnace couldn't vent, so wouldn't turn on. I had to go our at 3 in the morning, stand on a step ladder and cut the end of the pipe, then put on an elbow diverting the opening away from the wind!

Same as most of you. Mine took a dump for the fouth time Sunday night. I met the repairman yesterday at noon and it was 38 degrees inside. Fixed now hopefully for good.

Have a good one.

fatrap

BRRRRRRR! I'm knocking my knees just reading these posts. Bill, that was kind of funny(since it wasn't me slithering under the house) and painfull reading your post.

Morning to all.

Latest posts

Back