Good Mornin' NTOWS - T.G.I.F.

• Thread starter William H. (Bill) Barham
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William H. (Bill) Barham

Reaction score
Good Morning Y'all..It's supposed to be sunny but very cold here again today. Please come on spring.

Ok, Doctor's report. I had x-rays taken yesterday morning and saw my Doc in the afternoon. He pulled the pics up on his computer and it's true, I am now the bionic man:) That's what it looks like anyway and he said everthing looked great and to remember to be patient as I was only five weeks away from surgery and this will take a full six months, at least, to heal.

Now for the strange part. He didn't know what to make of the super-sensitivity and pain I was feeling in my buttocks and around my waist to the top-front of my legs. He had thought it was nerve regeneration when I talked to him on the phone. Well, he left me, went down the hall and came back with another Doctor. After looking me over and chatting among themselves they are in agreement that I have SHINGLES. Geeezypeeezy.

I have to go for another M.R.I. this morning just to make sure but they seem postitive about the diagnosis. The Internist that my Doc asked for help wrote me a prescription for something I have to take every four hours until gone but should clear it up. I sure hope so. It's maddening to feel like this. Now y'all are up to date on my problems:)

Everyone have a great and safe day..

Bill

hang in there bill,

we are all hoping for your speedy recovery,

and stay warm today. the nasty stuff will be here sunday.

mike

Good morning Bill and everyone else. Good to hear it's shingles. I know that it's a pain in the butt (especially yours), but at least it's nothing super serious (life or limb threatening).

It's supposed to be cloudy and in the 40's here today. They are predicting cold rain, freezing rain or snow tomorrow night. Actually saying that some bad ice storms headed to north GA, SC and NC. You guys over there be careful.

Morn Bill..Hang In there..The pain will go away.JR

Shingles? Diabetes? Back problems?

Geez, Bill.....

You're begining to sound like an OLD person!

Don't let Trepper get wind of it.....

He just loves to pick on old people! ROFL!!

And I can hear the wheels a-turnin' in Neeley's mind all the way down here in St. Louis!

Good Morning, Everyone! :)

Heck with Shingles,Diabetes,Back problems - I don't HAVE to pick,its TOO easy!!! LOL

Bill - Glad to hear your on the mend right on schedule, you've got till early June buddy, then it looks like i'm back in Gambrills at my sister-n-laws for a week, so you gotta scout out a good fishing hole! I've been practicing my Senko fishing so that pond we hit last year would work!!!

Sorry its Shingles but thats an easy fix, and take your meds like the Dr. says!!!

Getting colder every hour here, supposed to get Sleet/Ice tonite and tomorrow - BRRRRRR

Bill , good to hear all is well, you sure had me worried. Good luck today. Good morning all .

Bubby

Good Morning All: -18 here at work. Brrrrrrrr

Hang in there Bill everything will get better.

About 10-12 hours after Trep get's the crap that is coming, we get it here in Charlotte. It will be just around freezing, most of the day and evening. Ugly stuff slated for Sat. afternoon/evening.

Have a great day and terrific weekend.

Tex

Yup Tex gonna get ugly if weatherdudes are right. And Sun looks like a bit warmer but still rain, so I don't think Eli and I will be able to hunt the strippers!!

Now Bill... At least they have a diagnosis... How would you like to be Neeley... Nobody knows whats wrong with him... LOL Glad to hear it's something treatable...

Bill - I just wanted to see if you were REALY awake this morning!!! BBBWWWAAAAAAA

ROFL @ Meyer!

And let's just hope that they DON'T find a cure.....

I like Neeley just the way he is!

Goodmorning all. It's a balmy -12*F here and sunny.

Bill, wishing you a speedy and full recovery.

Bob G.

Hey Bill! At least that pain in the butt will be gone soon and not 6 months later. That's a positive note! About 5 here this morning, going to be about 20 today. Hey me!, what the forcast down your way?

Barb

Right around freezing here the next few days, Barb. Snow sometime today or tomorrow. When are you coming down?

You need to hitch a ride with Greg Meyer and come hunting with us! (Did I already ask if you hunt?) Or at least join Greg and I for breakfast!

Bill, quit sleeping on the roof. Geeze!

Good afternoon everyone. 41 degrees in Nashtucky. Suppose to be in the 40's with rain this weekend. I can't wait to be in Miami next Friday racing cars!

Hope you get the Shingles straightened out Bill. You've got enough on your plate without that.

Staci, My wife, son, and his GF, aka hangbelly, just left KY for Maryland Heights. My daughter and her fiance' are leaving from Louisville for the same place later this afternoon. Hope the weather holds up. They're all going for a retirement party for my mom-in-law tomorrow in St. peters. I'm not making this trip-Somebody's gotta mind the zoo. Think I'll pull the Pro 17 in the garage and start stripping the carpet off. That is, I'll do it when I can get the ice thawed out of the bottom. Lifted the cover the other day to find ice about half way up the batteries and a couple inches thick in the floor since the boy didn't pull the plug the last time he used it. Not sure where all the water came from, the cover usually keeps it out pretty well.

Hang in there Bill. It gets better. I had major surgery last spring and looking at more this year but I'll be better off when it's done. Hey, what do shingles feel like. I've got some weirdness going on with my lower legs. They feel like they're sunburned but they haven't seen the sun in months and they're not red or anything. Hutch

Hutch -

I'll alert my old neighbors to lock their doors and bar their windows!

Hutch,

This is what I pulled up on WebMD.

The first sign of shingles is often burning or tingling pain, or sometimes numbness, in or under the skin. The individual may also feel ill with fever, chills, headache, or stomach upset. After several days, a rash of small fluid-filled blisters, reminiscent of chickenpox, appears on reddened skin. The pain associated with shingles can be intense and is often described as "unrelenting." People with lesions on the torso may feel spasms of pain at the gentlest touch or breeze. The blisters are usually limited to a band, called dermatomes, spanning one side of the trunk, around the waistline, or clustered on one side of the face.

I certainly hope you don't have it.

Bill

Thanks Bill. Guess I coulda looked that up myself. Only thing I have is the tingling sensation in my lower legs.

Just had my belly laugh of the day. My son called and says "Guess who just got a speeding ticket?" BWWWAAAAHHHHH!

Oh holier than thou spouse of mine who's always yanking on me about how I should be getting tickets got busted in Owensboro, KY for 71 in a 55. BWWWWAAAAHHHHH My day is made! The good news is that the cop only wrote it for 64 so it's not a points or insurance hit. I can't believe my son is letting her drive in the first place. Hutch

Hey me! Not into hunting, but have been hunting and I love fresh venison. Probably going to be a while before I get anywhere. Got a lot going on this year including a new truck in the near future. Will keep you updated and hold that snow down there, will ya?

Barb

You know, Barb..... We keep talking about fishing the Mississippi for cats or the Current River for trout..... You all find your way to St. Louis and I'll put you up!

May have to be a fall trip as pretty busy. But thanks for the invite. We WILL do it sometime!

Barb

Latest posts

Back