Good Day on Lake Anna

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Hamilton

Reaction score
Carlos was supposed to fish on Saturday and he couldn't make it so I decided to head out for a few hours by myself. Sure glad I did. First cast I picked up a nice four pounder and after that it only got better. The bass were roaming and I picked up three LM, each over six pounds with the biggest just over 6 and a half. All total I caught about 20 bass but took pics of the three big ones. Wish I could have a sack like that during a TX.

All the bass came from the same location (did I mention dike 2)? LOL :p

Merry Christmas to everyone here at NTOWS!

P1010607.jpg

P1010606.jpg

P1010604.jpg

P1010599.jpg

great job bill, do i have to ask it it was a good day to throw a senko?

mike c

Niiice! I thought about going out yesterday but my wife had other plans.

Nice Bill! Going to try to be down there for a few days before New Year's. Have a Merry Christmas!

Jim C - Let me know when you are down and maybe we can hook up. Think Martie is heading to NOVA on Friday and won't be back 'til Sunday. Got me some free time!!!!!!!

Ah, looks encouraging. Makes me look forward to the day after Christmas outing even more.

Steve

Jealous here! The only I have caught in a while is a cold.....

Mini

Meeeeee TOOOOOOOOOOO....I'm gonna try to make it down while my son is here. Everybody needs to post their plans and days....

Good going Bill, you were due a banner day. Mini, it's just a drive away...c'mon down, you've got a place to stay. 9 hours is nuthin!! Especially for the hot side. I'll even show you how to dropshot:lol::lol::lol::lol:

TOXIC

So......

I'm thinkin I might just be able to hit the hot side tomorrow, as long as I am recovered from the food coma!!:lol: I'll have my son with me. Who's game?

Also, hope everybody is having a great Christmas day!!

TOXIC

DUDEEEEEEEEE

I have to work tomorrow and Thursday...new guy has NO leave (well except for the time I save for Michigan that is)

I might be abale to play Friday though...I am off Friday

CIII - I am good for Friday as Martie will at her Mom's. But if you tell me 0630 please be on time! LOL And don't give me the Hammer SAFE LIGHT story either.

BTW - I have a Humminbird transducer in the bilge right now so I need to install the new Lowrance. Not looking forward to pulling four (4) batteries and trays out to get to the area for the new transducer. Duh! Party may be good. Got some gift cards from BPS so I need to order my Ram Mount for the new unit.

Let me know about Friday (and Saturday).

HAHA Now, in my defense you said you were not gonna play yesterday! So, I was not worried about being on time HA So, I had coffeee, some coffee cake, did not speed (save gas money) and took my time!! Even hooked up the boat in the AM!!!!!!

If you do nto want to mess in the bilge external mount it...it is ok there. Get a plate of that plastic stuff and mount that to the boat then the transducer to that....less holes in the boat....also get some of the 5200 series (I think) marine caulk to seal the holes with.

If you do wnat to have a install party next week, let me know, I am up for it!

Will check with Sue to see if she is working next Friday, if so, I think I may be out there then! I want to practice some other stuff there.....

I'll be down tomorrow, with a couple of buddies. I won't have my boat as I blew the powerhead. Should be there about 7:00, save me a pass.

Steve

Tox

Yeah, it is still under warranty. It actually happened at the "Not so Memorial". They are still trying to figure out why it happened, because usually when this happens there is another reason. The Optis run pretty lean as it is so it doesn't take much for something to be off and kaboom. It makes me long for the bullet proof EFI a little.

Steve

Don't know who or how many are coming on Wednesday but there are three (3) passes under the mat. Each has two green cards with them so if you have someone driving who doesn't have a boat have them follow you and just have them leave the second green pass on the dash. Please make sure everything is returned at the end of the day.

Have a good day on the water and hope you catch bunches!

Bill - looks like the family and I will be down on Sunday AM (not too early). May try to get some fishing in later that afternoon or the next day (in-between house chores!). Let me know if you are available to hook up. Hopefully, the water has risen some! Got a new set of crankbaits from Dave. We may try those out to see how they work.

Tox,

Like CIII I have to work today and Thursday. Friday is RDO. Unsure about Monday yet.

Have fun, catch some for me :)

Mini

Got out today until about 11:30, when the rain and cold finally drove us off. We did well on the dikes early on cranks, but bite died around 10:30 when the front and rain started through. Going to try it again on New Years Eve for some last bass of the year. Thanks again to Bill.

Steve

Mini, our RDO is on the same schedule!

Im off Friday and wil be out on Anna if Bill is cool with that? Want to come along Mini????

Steve, Was thinking of you guys while I was at work today!! Then was COLD and rain on the way home...uugghh hard corps!!!!!

Anyone else out Friday???

CIII - I am in for Friday (and Saturday). What time are you going to show up? You bringin' Mini? :blink::blink:

cant make that boys...maybe in a month or two....

Bill I sent you and email, I would like to come out Friday or Saturday if my boat is fixed!! Or if Toxic lets me use the back seat!!:D

Bill, 0630 or so?

Scottie, you off Friday??? Was gonna call tomorrow, but if Bill is not riding with me, I am open.

Guys

Don't catch them all, before I get back down there on New Year's Eve.:D

Steve

Bill - I take it that you're not available for Sunday or Monday then?

Jim C

I'll look for you on Monday, I fortunately will be in the back of a Ranger, but at least I'll be out there.

Steve

Steve, thought I saw you, we were all pulling out at the same time. We got there late and it was just too much. Did you see me pull that nice one off the bridge we were all huddled under??:lol::lol: Travis and I might make it tomorrow depending on if my wife has to work. Otherwise Saturday might work. Eric is game for sometime. Travis leaves Monday. Mini, let me know when you can get away, always a place to stay, plenty of Jack and thanks to Bill, some good hotside fishun!!

TOXIC

Tox

I saw you running around like the rest of us trying to get the boat out of the water. Sorry, I didn't stay to chat, but just wanted to get in the warm truck. Missed you getting the nice one. We started about 7:00 and killed them for about two hours lots of 14 and 15 inchers, but once that front started through it got tough. We're going to try them again on Monday.

Steve

Latest posts

Back