Garage Storage

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Fischer

Reaction score
Hey all, I have posted about something similar in the past, but I wanted to get a few hands on experiences with storing a boat in a short garage.

I have a very small 2 car garage, while width should not be an issue, length certainly is. (Measured from back wall to door is 18'11". I really like the 2009-2010 X5, and I know that it is reported as the exact same "Package" length, but I've found out after seeing in person on the showroom floor, that that length is actually the X4 (Same Hull) with the 50HP outboard, not the 115HP which I would certainly get.

The question is, do any of you have similar problems with length in your garage, and can a simple angle save me the expected 12-18" I'll need to close my door, even with the tounge closed? Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks.

Mike

Be careful is all I can tell you. I have a 3 car garage and it is not small, and on my 750DC I end up essentially using 2 of my 3 garage bays. I have to angle mine in AND use the swing away tongue. (The newer swing aways are better design than my older one). I thought I would be able to use only 1 bay for the boat, and I end up being able to keep only 1 car in my 3 car garage.........If you can I'd try and physically load one in there if it would be a deal breaker to you if it wont fit.

Not only angling as Berry notes, but trim the engine down as far as possible and crank it over to one side. That will buy you a few inches. Its how I got my old PT175 with swing away tongue into a single spot. You don't mention this, but hopefully you have one of those double wide doors (as opposed to two single width doors) to help.

Thanks. Yeah the guys at BPS in St. Louis have agreed to possibly let me see how one would fit, so I'd definitely have to see it to know for sure. Luckily I have the full 2 car door, so width isn't a problem. Thanks for the thoughts.

Mike, I'm currently stuffing my new Z-8 into a 2 car garage, back of the boat is on the right side of the garage and the front is on the left with the tongue folded back, this leaves me with only 3 inches to close the door. Once you get it in there i suggest you put down some Duct Tape to mark the floor and its fitting spot! Also be sure to lower your engine and not hit the top of the garage on the way in :)

Latest posts

Back