Z6 or Z7

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Fischer

Reaction score
Hey guys, thanks for the information in the past. I wanted to see if anyone had some thoughts on the following scenario.

I currently have a short garage, only 19' from wall to door. The Z-6, based on specs should fit straight in one spot without having to angle and possibly stop a second car from getting in. My question is, would I regret going with the Z-6 now based on my storage situation, or wait it out until I have some better garage options and go with the Z-7. I figure if I'm paying decent $ for something new I better get the right one.

I fish a variety of water, from small narrow lakes to Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri, so that is the one that I thought may make me regret going with a 17'6" boat w/ the 115hp as opposed to the 18'8" w/ the 150.

Thanks for any insight!

Mike F

Mike,

I know garage space is critical for some. I have a 3 car garage with the same issue as you have. It will fit but at the expense of leaving two vehicles outside. During the winter I remove the batteries, drain the lower end and tarp it up to store it outside. During the summer just the opposite leaving two of my vehicle outside. IMHO I would get the Z7. A little bigger boat with more hp.

Z7 for sure. I know and you know if you are going on LOZ you need as big a boat as possible. After the middle of May I just stay home or go north. My vote is for Z7 from the Fishin' Hole or BPS.

I run my Z7 on LOZ....go bigger you won't be sorry. haven't heard many people complain that they wished they had a smaller boat.

I am bias because I have and love my Z7, you will be glad you did.

Thanks, I figured that would be the response. I don't live near any of my lakes and very unfortunately I don't have outdoor storage or I'd be perfectly fine with that. With a brand new boat I'd really feel best w/ it inside.

Well, I'll have to do some working on the wife to see if I can evict her car, that's about my only hope if I go with the Z7!

You can leave it at my house Mike. I'm only about 25 miles from you and I would be able to garage it for you. Just a thought.

The old adage of "Go big or stay at home!" I have a Z7, had an NX750 before that, love the bigger boat.

Z-7 brother! I just got rid of my 170DC and I was in the same boat you were in on the Garage Space. My Z-7 will not fit in my garage now but my boat/motor cover will fit until I figure something out. I am thinking of scrapping the two doors and having one big door in garage or might buy one of those inexpensive ready made sheds. For now the boat cover will do. Go with the bigger deck space and more HP!!

Latest posts

Back