Fuel Tank Replacement

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carl beasley

Reaction score
Posted this in Motors as "you got to have gas" to run the thing.

Has anyone replaced their fuel tank? Or does anyone have experience removing the back deck for accessing the fuel tank area?

Just some general knowledge of screws/bolts to gain access to the tank.

I have a 2002 PT185, 90hp.

Thanks

Carl

what boat company?

what boat model?

what boat year?

other than that, unscrew everything, remove tank. Install new tank, screw everything back together.

LOL

Right you are.... Sorry I didn't post the make, model etc.

2002 Bass Tracker PT185.

Are there hidden i.e. out of the way screws I should know about?

Carl

Cant help ya. But I think there are screws in the floor that the carpet hides.

Might as while ask before I tear it up.... Anyone have a supplier for carpet?

I have a PT175, never pulled the rear deck but I did pull the front deck without tearing up the carpet. It's a matter of searching for screws along the edges, then working out the pattern. After you get all of them, carefully pry until you figure out where the ones you missed are!:D IS your tank leaking? I have thought about changing mine because of Trackers "famous" engineering. I would like to put in a rectangular tank that fits up tight behind the rear seat and goes from side to side instead of front to back, then I can move the battery boxes and still get to the bilge pumps and livewell pumps. Right now you have to be a contortionist with pipe cleaner arms to reach the pumps.

Thanks for the heads up. I posted way back about my "bathtub" PT185. Had a hurricane pass over and I forgot to pull the drain plug last time out fishing. Tank took on water. guess there was a vent hole or something. Electrics took a hit too.

Yes.... I'm just now getting to the fuel tank. I've had the tank in the garage for about 3 yrs. time to get to fixing.

Family deaths, divorce, back surgery. Funny how time can march on while your boat sits in storage. Got the house, boat in my gargage and some peace and quite for a change.

Thanks for your help.

Carl

Sorry to hear about the flood, but that brings up another issue. Tracker does not use stainless screws, so there may be some problems with getting them out. Rusty steel screws in aluminum rails equal broken or stripped heads, had a couple myself. Nothing to do but drill the heads and pull whats left of the screws after you get the deck off.:(

Latest posts

Back