Fuel Additives

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pat Crane

Reaction score
Looking for some good fuel additives to run thru my engine to help clean the fuel system. Got any suggestions. I use sta-bil all the time just looking to run some cleaner thru it. I have a 90 HP Merc. Thanks!!!!

Seafoam-It is a cleaner and stabilizer. It was recommended to me because of some possibly sticky rings. First time I used it I gained 300 RPM. In addition, I had some issues where I couldn't use the boat for a year. I had used Seafoam before that and the fuel is still in great shape. I won't use anything else.

Second on Seafoam. Great stuff. Used to it "decarb" both my outboards and regularly in each tank. Made the Johnson 150 run better than ever after the decarb procedure. Works great as a regular additive/stabilizer and I've let fuel sit over winter with the stuff, no problems! When I took my Yamaha 150 VMax for a tune up this spring, mechanic checked the fuel first and said it was still fresh and first rate (it was filled last fall!). Seafoam all the way!

Not only works great in boats but helped pass emission test in my old car after it failed the first time. Great stuff. Use it for all engines.

As I posted here earlier.... My mechanic "makes" me use SeaFoam... He's mean if I don't... LOL:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back