Fuel Leak

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got the motor cranked last night in the driveway. I wanted to run some Marvel Mystery Oil and gas through it to clean the carbon out. Four ounces to a gallon. It smoked and seemed to be doing its thing. It ran well except for a fuel leak at the manifold and fuel rail connection. The O-rings are shot.

I found the part number 0335362. I have an Evinrude 150 VE150ELENC, it is a 1992. All my usual parts sources want $5-7 per ring. Ouch! I need 12 of them. I found a suitable replacement locally that I am going to try. They are Viton same size as far as I can tell visually. Viton is necessary for fuel service. The problem is I could only get 5. They were a $1.50 each. Still a little high but whatever.

Any leads on where else to look online? I tried Crowley and Great Lakes Skipper and MarineEngine.com.

Any help appreciated!!

Is the o-ring a common dash number? Typically the number is 3 digits and would make it easier to find. (Example: 036, 210, 322 etc)

Got the motor cranked last night in the driveway. I wanted to run some Marvel Mystery Oil and gas through it to clean the carbon out. Four ounces to a gallon. It smoked and seemed to be doing its thing. It ran well except for a fuel leak at the manifold and fuel rail connection. The O-rings are shot.

I found the part number 0335362. I have an Evinrude 150 VE150ELENC, it is a 1992. All my usual parts sources want $5-7 per ring. Ouch! I need 12 of them. I found a suitable replacement locally that I am going to try. They are Viton same size as far as I can tell visually. Viton is necessary for fuel service. The problem is I could only get 5. They were a $1.50 each. Still a little high but whatever.

Any leads on where else to look online? I tried Crowley and Great Lakes Skipper and MarineEngine.com.

Any help appreciated!!

If you want to really clean the carbon from the pistons, ring lands, cylinder heads and exhaust housing correctly. Mercury makes just that. It's called power tune, it's in a spray can and you introduces it thru the carbs when its running. Keep it running it will bog down and be fore the can is empty spray enough to make the motor stall . Let it set for about a 15 min to 1/2 hour. When you start it up run it at a high RPM. You won't believe the junk that comes out . Back in the day that was a standard to do every so many hours, before DFI can around.

Thanks Jerry. I will pick up a can and do that. I had it on the water today for a couple of hours. It planed out and the new steering is incredible. The trolling motor and graphs were a definite improvement. It was too foggy to run it much.

I found a few things that need attention in the morning before I take it out again. Getting closer to wrapping it up. Over all it is doing well.

Latest posts

Back