Fort Jackson bound

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Zuber

Reaction score
The "empty nest" has officially begun!

The US Army picked up Jake yesterday....He just called a few minutes ago and should be sworn in by now...very proud, but already missing my fishing partner!!!

He'll be on his way to Ft. Jackson, SC later today to begin Basic Training...He stays there then for his "Wheel Mechanic" training...all said about 24 weeks...

Greg, my oldest was home for Jake's graduation and Open House/Going Away Party...he is also in the Army (Intelligence), stationed at Buckley Air Force Base in Denver. He was supposed to stay until this coming weekend, but was called back early by Uncle Sam...He is starting some specialized training in preparation for deployment to someplace 'warm and sandy'...

Well...there's gonna be room in the TV-18 if anyone wants to go fishing!

az

Sounds like you did a fine job as a parent. Many thanks to your sons for serving!

Andy I am sure they make you proud.

Congrats on the boys.

Randy!

Spent a year and a half at Ft Jax. Only regret was I didnt take more time to sightsee some of the wonderful places I have visited since, like charleston, when I was living nearby.

They both are excellent proof of good parenting... Thank them both from all of us here.

I know you're proud of both of them as you should be. Hard to believe he's old enough for this. I mean Jake, not you Andy. ;) :lol: Thank them both for me.

I'll be in St Joe this weekend to see Jennifer. Probably won't be fishing though. It sounds like she want's to take me to a war re-enactment down at the beach somewhere.

Gene

Thank you for having and raising the wonderful men that you have! God Bless them, you, and all our troops!! :)

Good job, Dad. I hope he can get used to our South Carolina heat and humidity quickly. My son went through Paris Island about this time of the year 9 years ago. I am close by if there is anything I can do while he is here.

Jimmy E

803-259-0240

Andy,

I'm stationed at Fort Jackson and would be willing to take your young soldier fishing once he gets out of Basic. I'll supply everything, he'll just need to get a license, which he can get at the resident rate, I think it's $9.00. I'll be gone myself to a course in Fort Leonardwood, MO until late September, but after that I'll be here and if he's interested, lemme know and I'll get him out on Lake Murray. I'll feel your pain bro', my fishin' partner is working up in NC for the summer, leaving me to harrass the bass on my own.

JP

JP, Fort "Lost in the Woods, MO". My son did some Fox Vehicle training there before Iraq.

Hey Jimmy,

My brother also went there years ago for his combat engineer training. I go there every once in a while for training. I'm going for five weeks in Aug/Sep and will be pinging the smallmouth fisherman for some wisdom. There is a small river going through the post that's loaded with smallmouth.

JP

Thanks everyone!

Gene...It does NOT seem like he's old enough...ssems like we were just at BASS U at Lansing!...let me know if you ever want to get a quick beer when you're here...they're doing a beach landing for a re-enactment...I might be down there if the weather cooperates...

JimmyE = will do...thanks!

JP...I told my son about you being stationed there...he was VERY excited about the chance to get out on the water...he'll be there for a bit, so hopefully you can hook up with him...as time gets closer I'll be sure to get with you...THANKS! When we went to watch my oldest graduate Basic at Ft. Jackson, Jake was ready to go buy a rod/reel/license and fish in Murray! hahaha

az

We'll be there on Sunday, the weather is supposed to be nice. We'll be chillin' and grillin' and at some point doing the re-enactment. Jen wasn't sure what time it started, but I'll keep an eye out for you. It's been a while since I've seen you, I actually hoped maybe I'd see you and Jake at the MVM get together.

Gene

JP, I have never been fishing anywhere that there are smallmouth but am leaving for Ky Lake in the morning where I understand they are plentiful. Looking forward to seeing what all the hype is about. We talked earlier about meeting at Murray and you showing me some good fishing holes, I am ready whenever you get the time.

Jimmy, just got here in Jan myself so I don't know if I can show you and good fishin' holes, I'm still pretty much in the scouting mode myself, but would always be glad to have you along. We'll have to hook up this fall as I leave for Korea in two weeks, then on leave in Oregon and then I have to spend my five weeks at Fort Leonardwood, MO for the Warrant Officer Advanced Course........pretty much halts my fishing ventures until late Sep. Speaking of that, several of us are headed to Clark's Hill in late Sep / Early Oct for some schooling action, you are welcome to join us. Just shoot me a reminder after 22 Sep and I'll be sure to keep you in the mix. Talk to ya later.

JP

Back