#2 Son signs up for the US ARMY!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Zuber

Reaction score
I'm proud of him for sure!

Following the footsteps of his older brother...(Military Intelligence stationed in Denver)

Jacob signed up yesterday afternoon...

He heads to basic at Ft. Jackson 2 weeks after he graduates high school in June...

Going to be a light wheel mechanic...

Losing my tournament partner!

On a related note...

Marke/Mac/Mini/Smitty

I'd love to come over to the east side and hit the smallies this spring...could be one of the last chances I get to fish with my boy before Uncle Sam gets him...

When would be the best time?

Would love to do a long weekend...maybe get over there on a Thursday evening...fish all weekend and come back Sunday night...

Might even have a couple other buds that want to partake...

Want to start planning now before other commitments get made...

Thanks!

az

He looks to young to enlist, doesn't he?

az

Shaw Grigsby and Jake.jpg

Will hold a good thought for your #2. Thanks for letting him join our team. I pray that his leaders will be up to the task and care for the precious gift you are giving them. Make sure he knows that the "light wheel" environment is a dangerous workplace and he must never take his own safety for granted.

He is too young to carry the burden of our inability to play nice [and I'm talking about all the evil doers in the world].

I salute him.

Thank you Andy and tell you sons I say Thank You also.

God Bless

BF

Hard to believe he's that age already. Congrats on a fine young man Andy. Tell him thank you from me as well.

Gene

You have every reason to be very proud of him. Keep us posted on his service from time to time. And, I will keep him and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

bivouaced at FJSC many years ago myself.. passed by there in 2006 and didnt recognize a thing. Good luck to your son, and congrats.

You must be proud Andy and rightfully so. by the way, you look an aweful lot like Shaw Grigsby! LOL!

Randy

Andy,

Awesome, hope that he gets to some nice places (Germany) and that he does enjoy the time in the Service

Carlos

Hey, great news! I just started inprocessing Fort Jackson yesterday. Lemme know if you come down for the graduation or if he needs anything. Maybe if his AIT is here, I can get him out on the boat on the weekend? Congrats!

JP

I would think there is a good chance that there is a good chance his AIT is at Jackson; they have a wheeled-vehicle mechanic school there.

Congrats and tell your boy I am proud of him (and you)!

if you want smallies on Clair you cant beat May. I like it earlier in May because the fish are pre-spawn, but by the end of May you can catch em in all three phases.

Watch the weather and if you can make it at the last minute, you are better off. The wind WILL blow, but some days it will be flat as a pancake. CIII and Tox will be here in May, I just wish i could guide them again this year but I will be on Saginaw Bay and Houghton Lake for the week they will be here.

God Bless you and your boys Andy!!! Thank them also for their service to our country! America needs more role models like this!!! :D

Thanks for all the well wishes folks!

Jake says thanks too! I showed him the post and he was appreciative of your comments...he was also very surprised at the picture of him and Shaw! lol That was taken the first year we went to B.A.S.S University.

JP...yes...we're planning on going to his graduation...fishing would be awesome! Jake was with us there when we went to the oldest son's graduation...we drove past Lake Murray the first day and that was all he could talk about the rest of the trip..."Dad, let's get a license!" "Dad, let's hire a guide!" hahaha As time gets closer, I'll try to hook up with you...Thanks for the offer...I'll shoot you an email...

Marty - yes...his AIT is there at Ft. Jackson...he'll be in SC for awhile starting in June!

Mini - thanks for the info...we can normally go without much notice...is finding a motel an issue?

Where's Mac, Smitty, Marke, and Ken hiding???

thanks again everyone!

Proud Daddy,

az

ha ha ha.....no problem bro'. I just got here so it won't be "guide" quality, but we'll be on the water! Give me a heads up and I'll get you my cell number.

JP

Best wishes and good luck from Iowa to your boy. Thanks for the service.

Mac has been off work since before the holidays....he doesnt even call me anymore! lol

Smitty is surely dealing with his wife's job loss.

Marke???? Havent seen or heard from him in a while...

Ken? BUSY with ice fishing, ordering for the spring, keeping his employees in line, oh yea....and having the largets booth space in the Ultimate Fishing Show in Novi....:)

Hotels shouldnt be a problem. You need to get ahold of Tox and CIII...depending on the days you show, there may an alternative for you.....SHHHHHHHHHHHHH :)

Congrats...I have a Grandson going Special Forces.. Finished Ranger Training going for more abuse <must run In the family..HA JR

Andy, please tell Jacob just how much I appreciate his service will you? God Bless Him!

God Bless that Young Man!!!

Uncle Billy

Back