Food For Your Rally Thoughts.....

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Staci Matheis

Reaction score
Thanks, Buzz!

I'd like to..... Git 'er done!

I really would.

I enjoy it.

It means a lot to me.

me!

My multi faceted response to this discussion is that there is not one answer... Variety is good thing... Sharing the travel burden is a good thing... But, so is consistency and performance. Having a Rally move around has some attractive features... And, if "we" were a commercial entity with a paid staff I would insist that we move it around... But, we have to rely on volunteers so we need to first analyze the need to be "organized" and have a "host" before we consider a location. (My wife will not allow me to host it here at my house...she doesn't know any of you but she is deeply suspicious of anyone who is even a smidgen friendly to me... so you guys are "out" of the question as to anyone she wants around here!)

Staci has twice put on a successful event... And the Moors are very good to us... It isn't perfect but it is a "good" location...

Here is what I would like to do... I would like to have a Rally at Kentucky Lake and then ( for those who can't make the distance)at other (one or more) locations on the same weekend. If that gets organized and I can attend I will handle the "digital" hookup so we can all Rally together on Saturday night...in real time...

I still say it is silly to get so worked up, although an Erie rally would be cool ;)!!

So now are they no longer a sponsor since the rally is over?

We will have fun no matter where we go, that is the important thing. If there is enough interest to move it then we will, if not...we won't it is that simple.

TOXIC

me! you make some good points but...

How did The Moors learn about this site? We had a Rally there. The Moors is a succeful business with an annual advertising budget. They advertise in the back of many magaizines and I'm sure they are on other websites. It's good business, it's not personal. I don't believe they would pull their banner and advertizing if we decide to hold the Rally at another location. Changing locations could give other businesses the oportunity to learn about us and potentially give Rich more sponsorship opportunities.

There have been 4 Rallys at 3 different locations. Each one getting bigger and better than the last. I don't believe that one location will bring that level of excitment year after year. We live in a big country with a lot of great water. I for one love to travel and see as much as I can when ever I can. We went on a vacation to Northern Ontario last summer and it was our greatest family vacation ever. Are we going back this year? NO....been there, done that. The adventurer in many of us want to go and see new places and experience new things.

One location means that the same folks who went this year will go next year. The ones who didn't go, won't go. Moving around will hopefully give every an opportunity to attend.

I'm sure KY lake is GREAT. I'm sure the Moor's is GREAT. Shirley looks like an absolute sweet heart....BUT, just because some thing is good does not mean that something else is not equal or even better.

We all know how hard you worked to put the last two rally's together and we all thank you for that. But maybe there is someone else willing to step up lead us someplace new.

If the Rally ends up at The Moors again, I'll be more than happy to attend and I will have a great time but I think you are jumping the gun and taking away an opportunity from somone else. For heaven's sake, you probably haven't even unpacked yet and you have next years dates picked. Give it a little time and see if someone else comes up with anything.

I agree Marke, I like the idea of traveling but will also go to the Moors. What I don't want is a forgone conclusion that it is the only place a rally will be held. I would eventually like to get to some of the Florida llakes, Lake of the Ozarks, Dale Hollow, and many others. I know I will also get to Kentucky Lake sooner or later, I have a friend who lives in Lexington.

"One location means that the same folks who went this year will go next year. The ones who didn't go, won't go. Moving around will hopefully give every an opportunity to attend."

That is THE most important reason to move it. So that others can attend when it gets closer to them. I am willing to travel more than others. Let's be fair. I'm with you 100% in your train of thought. Likewise, if it is at the Moors, I will go....at least once.

TOXIC

Whoa!

I like having Moors as a sponsor here. It's good for them and it's good for the site...a.k.a., me (that's Rich me, not "me!" me).

However, that should be only one of many criteria. Staci is campaigning to have the next annual/national rally at Moors for many other good reasons. At the same time, I completely sympathize with those who are far away and can't make it to Kentucky. I was an original proponent of moving the rally around, and to some degree, I think that is still a good idea. We just may need to live with more than one rally. If Rob wants to keep the Champlain rally going...that's good. If someone wants to organize an Erie rally...good. Bugg Island...good.

Not everyone will be satisfied. However, I strongly suggest that we not let our feelings get bent out of shape over this.

I am so glad you put in the "Edit" feature, Rich!

What the heck am I doing up at 10:00 pm?

I'm going to bed.

God Bless all of you!

me!

Rich, I'm so sorry you put in the edit feature. ;>) I watch a little NYPD Blue then looksee what's happening at NTOWS and there's all these edited blanked out messages. :>( Looks like I missed a good discussion.

Harpo

The way I see it the next rally needs to be equal or better than the last. This give the rally an abilty to grow as it has over the years. We need to vote on someplace and someone to sucessfully manage and promote this thing to get maximum number of members there. Who ever decides to step up and head this thing next year they have bigs shoes to fill. Iam open to travel and seeing new places as the next person, but honestly I would be bummed to see it fizzle next year without all possabilites fully thoughout. Simply to move it for the sake of having it at a different location would be wrong, unless we could equal/excede the number of people & sponsers as this year.

Until then my vote is KY lake.

Donnie

Good idea Donnie, I nominate MikeSnow to host the rally at Lake Fork. Trep will definatly exceed his most excellent personal best.

JUST KIDDING!!

It's quite a drive for me but I will try my dead level best to make it to Kentucky Lake next year. Any farther and I'm afraid it would be out of my range.

Harpo

Harpo - I'm with you on the edit feature, looks like we missed a good tit-for-tat with Buzz and Staci!!! LOL

Take me anywhere and i'll TRY to catch a fish! Fork is a LONG drive from Atlanta, but if it's during spring break I can drop the family in OK on the way, otherwise I can't take that much vacation next year, doing my Aug Canada fly-in.

Trep

Re-posted from Rally Poll '05 by TOXIC

Boy have I been burning up MapQuest trying to find all of the places "y'all" have mentioned.

I'm going to try this again.. Has anyone been to, or know anything about Guntersville Lake in Alabama?

Bill

Another consideration. It is not fair to all of the sponsors of the rally to try and sponsor more than one. In other words, there has to be 1 "official" rally and as many "mini" rallys as needed/wanted. I can tell you this, I would take my items to whatever rally I go to and I bet a lot more would do so also, so if you split the rally there is a good chance you will split a major portion of the sponsors. That makes the case for 1 main rally and whatever smaller ones get planned. We are getting large enough that there has to be planning and from what I've seen the rallys are getting larger and larger every year so "let's all meet at LaMoist's house", won't work anymore (unless it is a mini rally).

Let's not get distracted, the first issue is...Are we going to move the rally? Plain and simple.

Then we can ask where and who will plan it. If we can't agree on a location or find someone......(and let me say that it should not fall on just 1 person to do all of the arranging, if I read correctly there was a lot of involvement from attending members at the Moors)......to act as the point person, then we revert back to a known commodity, the Moors.

Donnie, I don't think it's fair to say that the next rally has to be as good as better than the last. Having it at the Moors doesn't guarantee that either. Each one should stand alone and I really don't think there is any such thing as a "bad" rally. Some would say not catching fish is a good step toward a "bad" "fishing" rally but those who went may differ. Moving the date I'm sure will help but there is no criteria for good or bad. This is a decision by majority rule so that the majority will be happy. If we just say the Moors and no one goes, then that is a bad decision. That's why we are discussing it. I understood that this might be "touchy" since some are much more focused on the rally setup than others but since I am completly neutral and will do whatever the majority decides, I thought I would put it on the table with no "agenda" or incentive to go one way or the other.

I, like everyone else have limitations as to how far I can travel with boat in tow to justify a weekend of fishing. So I understand that no matter where it is decided to hold the "official" rally, some will not be able to attend. That is a shame but it is what it is, that being said, we can only do our best to find an area that accomodates a "majority" of those who will commit to attend. I do not think the fact that it has been held at the Moors and the Moors knows us, and we have a relationship with the Moors, is reason enough to eliminate another location. I have planned the closing of banks where I had to get 200 people into a town UN-NOTICED (rooms, meeting space, work space, equipment etc...), so putting a rally together is not beyond me. My wife was the National Sales Manager for a major hotel chain and the Convention Director for a Washington based nonprofit, so I have the resources and a few tricks up my sleeve to get the things I want. Not to take anything away from Staci and her work on the past 2. But with our history at the Moors, all it should take is a phone call now. That gives us the ability to look elsewhere. Personally, I like the idea of fishing new water with friends, as a group. Takes the fear out of tackleing new or big water. BUT....if we can't decide on a place or no one volunteers to be the point (with help), then there is no decision to make, it is the Moors, which is set up to handle it.

This should not be that hard folks.

TOXIC

Trep,

Where do you do your Canada fly-in? I have gone up to Ear Falls in Ontario two times recently, and this fall I plan to go to a drive in lodge on Eagle Lake.

Those trips are about the best fishing vacation I have ever done...and this time I'm going to try to trailer my boat up there to a place called Stanley's (www.stanleys.com). Looking forward to great fishing and some solitude...too bad we don't live closer or I'd be up there way more often.

Thad

Thad - We've been going out of Nestor Falls, Ontario for 12 years (ever 2 years). You go to International Falls MN, go about 1 hour north to Nestor Falls (on the Lake of the Woods) and then we float plane in 200 miles farther north for the week. These are the NICEST outpost cabins i've ever seen! They have HOT and COLD runing water, a shower and sink!!! Solar power for lights, propane for the fridge/freezers and Hot Water heater.

I too would LOVE to trailer my Tracker up and fish some of the smaller/medium lakes for Walleye and Pike, maybe when my boys get older and I have more vacation, since it's a HAUL from Atlanta!!

0-------------------------------

0--

I'm shocked

This entire discussion is whack. I've been reading these and this is not something to get your panties/boxers in a wad about. There is an entire YEAR to figure out what to do.

Well said Teri......I don't think it is necessary to commit this week for next years rally.

Bob G.

_______

_______

___

______

NO! I say we FIGHT about it and RIGHT NOW! I want another rally next week! And I vote for Brazil and a peacock bass tourney!

__________ __________

__________ __________

____ ____

________ ________

The DOUBLE Shocker

You wannabe, poser, homeslice, cracker! LOL NOW, back to next week's rally. Brazil or Africa? How about a Tuna run in Maui?

Welcome to the World Wide Web grasshopper!!!! Everything does not always appear as typed!!! LOL!!!

Bob G.

Teri 90% of this thread was edited by mutual consent. Staci was PMS'ing Staci has also said that if the Moors is the place and the date is moved to a more popular time, as proposed, then the reservations do need to be made shortly in order to reserve the space. We just need to decide if it is at the Moors or somewhere else.

TOXIC

You know guys, having the rally later in May is still a hit or miss on how well the fish bite. The week before this year the fish were biting but, the three days of cold weather shut them down. If April has good weather then the bite may well be over by the 5th of May. It's hit or miss but, normally the bite is on during April. The way I took it tho was that was what was available.

Where would you like, JR?

And who would you like to do it?

I know of one person who's ready to go.............

:)

Jr, what a great idea!!! I think I will rally at my cabin next year. Me, myself, and I will have a great time and maybe I will even catch some fish.

WAIT just a minute. Will you people STOP ignoring my African/Brazilian Peacock bass rally for next week! It's only a WEEK away here people!!!

OK, FINE....I'll just go over to the BFHP. I know THEY will want one there.

Personally, I'm going to Glen Carbon (metro St. Louis), IL USA for the 2005 rally. I don't know how the fishing will be but I bet everything will be ready, organized, planned very well and top notch:)

Bill

ROFL @ Barham!

You DO NOT want to see my place!

I am the WORST housekeeper!

And the bite is terrible in the pond at the VFW Hall!

Well, if the fish don't hit in that pond we can use my VFW membership to go in and get cheap "adult" beverages...

There's always a silver lining:)

Bill

Latest posts

Back