FOM Murray Tourney

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JP Heintzman

Reaction score
Fished my first ever "official" tourney and got a good ol' fashion beat down:wacko: We did weigh in 5 for 10.43lbs so I was happy about that. Caught some fish early on crankbaits and one more on a flickshake, but that was it. The big bags came from jigs on rocks, just didn't clue in fast enough and ran out of time:huh:. It was good weather and everyone came back healthy, can't ask for better than that. Many thanks to the guys who gave me some intel. Tex: I didn't know the lake well enough to figure out where you told me to go to fish the grass, I appreciate the intel though!:) Santee is next and I've never put a boat in that water so that should be a barrel o' monkeys :blink: Ya'll keep fishin'

JP

I got you beat on Saturday weigh in, fished a small tx on Clarks Hill with a friend, we caught 7 fish, weighed in 5 for 6.01 pounds.:eek:

I am fishing Santee this Sat and Sun, if you want some info or follow us. I have one piece of advice: don't put your boat on pad without someone showing or at least going over the map with you, it is a boat eater. Email me for my phone number. Our Tx is March 12 out of John C Land III.

Santee can be a very, very tough place to fish - and also dangerous. If the wind comes up (likely) that place get's bad. Also, pay close attention to the marked boat lanes, or you'll leave your lower unit in the lake.

I've caught a few fish there, but really don't have any suggestions for you. Everything looks fishy there to some degree, but the most difficult thing you will likely encounter is trying to find the 'break lines'.

Tex

Latest posts

Back