Even a blind dog finds a bone now and then....

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JP Heintzman

Reaction score
Great news, I got the follow-on assignment I wanted, Fort Jackson, SC!:lol: The boss just let me know yesterday and the family is excited. I'll leave Korea in Dec, pick up the family from Fort Stewart, GA and move on up to SC. Lake Murray, Santee, Clark's Hill........God is good, eh! Hoping to get in on the Fishers of Men Tournament trail with my son. Prospects look good for making the next Wounded Soldiers Tourney. I won't have a clue of where to fish, but we'll get the guys out on the water and I'll just follow you guys around like a groupie.....ha ha ha:blink:. Ya'll be good.

JP

I'm already workin' it brutha! Spent half the day looking at satellite images of Lake Murray. It's great cause they took the pics when the water was low, so you can identify the exact layout of long points, islands and creek channels in the back of coves. The pics will be worth their weight in gold when the lake it at full pool, like right now! I'll be a waypoint markin' fool, instead of just the usual fool:huh:.....ha ha ha.

JP

Served two tours at Fortress Jackson and one at Fortress Stewart [also did a two-year tour in Korea]; absolutely loved them [less Korea]. If the fish are still singing "catch me Marty, catch me," please tell them I'm not coming back.

I'll let em' know Marty, and I'll set the hook once for ya! I know if you spent time at Fort Jackson, you know the "secret" bait for that body of water? From satellite photos, it looks similar to Clark's Hill, is that right?

JP

Roger; very similar waters. Back then-served there 1983 to 1986 and again 1992 to 1994-fire tiger cranks were a hot bait. If memory serves me, we threw pumpkinseed color band worms and chartreuse spinnerbaits. I'll verify those colors with my fishing partner from those days who, after all those years, lives just across the street from here in Kansas.

Latest posts

Back