Clark's Hill Report

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JP Heintzman

Reaction score
The kid and I fished our annual good ol' boy tournament at Clark's Hill last weekend. We weighed in 23.1 over two days and took first place:D. We also got big fish each day with 4.13 and 4.12. It was a great tourney and we got into stripers each evening, with three doubles on Friday evening and we lost count on Saturday evening. Couldn't ask for a better weekend with my son;). We fished pencil poppers and man, what an awesome top water lure! If you haven't fished it for either stripers or largemouth, you need to get some. Heading out on Lake Murray tomorrow, more to follow. Ya'll be good.

JP

I sure would love to talk to you. I've got a club tournament (2 day event) in the middle of may and I've only ever been to Clarks Hill once as I live in Columbia. I'd be happy to share info.

Congrats on the weight....thats a GREAT sack :)

Kitz, my email is [email protected], get with me and I would be happy to put you on the fish, no worries.

Yeah Rich, it's worth a trip, it's a great fishery. Get with me if you go and I'll try to put you onto some of my spots. Been there once or twice a year since 97', so I have a few pretty reliable spots. May and June should be just killer, I will probably make another trip in May and we are taking the church youth group in June, can't wait. Must have baits: White pearl super fluke; clear Super Spook Jr.; Daiwa Peanut w/olive green back but you'll need to replace the hooks since they are pretty puny and straighten on a 2lber!

JP

JP:

I fished Clark's Hill once and Murray about three times, but would love to fish both more often particularly in the heat of the summer. My local lake is so shallow that in the summer months the water in the lake gets above 80 degrees and stays there until fall. Spring fishing is great, I've caught a 7 and a 6 lber along with several 2 and 3's so far this spring. Anyway, back to the original post, maybe sometime when you aren't real busy, you could let us know when you plan to be at either lake and several of us could meet you at the landing and you could show us where to and with what to fish. I am in Barnwell, SC so I am right between the two lakes.

Hey Jimmy, too easy bro'. As a matter of fact, similar to another good ol' boy tourney on this site, we (me and my work buddies) started an "Unofficial Fall Tourney" at Clark's Hill and this fall will be the fourth one. We don't have a date yet, but it will be late Sep or early Oct. Anyone that wants to join in is more than welcome. We usually do down on Friday evening, fish Saturday and Sunday morning and then head back to the house. No cost, big fish pot if you want, and just hanging out and trying to catch a mess of fish. Anyone that wants to play, just lemme know and I'll keep you up to snuff on the dates. It's usually a hoot each fall, with stripers and largemouth schooling.

JP

Back