Foam Didn't Work!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Balch

Reaction score
The service tech just called me from the dealership to report that injecting flotation foam into the aft, port compartment didn't solve the flexing, squeaking problem. So, he has put another call into Tracker Marine. The removal of the carpet and deck will probably be sublet to a local person in Austin.

Actually, maybe it's good that someone will take a look under the deck. Foam might have temporarily masked a more serious problem. Anyhow, my dealer seems to be working on the problem, and they are keeping me posted. Meanwhile I've recommissioned my little 12-ft boat with the 1957 5.5 HP Evinrude Fisherman. Not fancy, but very reliable!

Bill - That 12fter must FLY! I had a 14ft with a 5hp Mariner that did just fine till I got my 175. Sorry to hear the first fix didn't fix it. At least they are talking to you, providing status and working towards a solution. I think that's what you want, and I would too.

Keep us posted!

glad to hear that they are working with you to get the problem resolved. i had doubts about the foam being a good long term fix based on what was described on your previous post. hope they can get it taken care of for you in short order and get it repaired right.

tight lines.

jd

I agree with the thought of the foam masking a bigger problem.Now hope they find it's somthing simple and an easy fix.

Be careful with that 5.5.....Is there a jackplate on that bad boy? LOL

Hey, don't laugh about my little Evinrude! I put a hydrofoil on it several years ago and it actually puts the 12 ft aluminum Delwood on plane at WOT. And that ol' motor has taken me home with many loads of fish. I would have stayed with it if I hadn't gotten so many complaints from the other members of my family...too small, no storage, not safe. That's how I ended up with the PT 175.

Bill,if I could kick myself in the rear end I would for selling my little 8 ft plastic boat.Oh the good places I have fished in that little boat...

Bill....I'd check it first before they button it up...I wouldn't want to find out later that the weld didn't hold..

TEE

Great that they are trying to get to the bottom of the problem.

Just read a post on BFHP ealier this morning, that put a 60hp engine on a jon boat rated for no more than 35hp. And the guy (teenager actually), wants more speed. Can you pronounce : STUPID!

Something comforting to go to the lake, and while most everyone else is putting in big machines with big engines, someone brings in a nice mess of fish that they just caught out of their jon boat!

Tex

Tex, You're right about the scruffy little boat getting more fish than the big, sleek bass boats. And if I run into something, or put a ding in it, I don't worry the way I do with my big expensive rig.

Tee, I plan to go into Austin today to meet with the subcontractor who's doing the job. I've already said I want to have a look before the deck is put back on. When I asked the service tech at my dealer if Tracker had approved this method, he laughed and said they told him to tell them how they fixed the problem so all the other boats reporting this problem can be fixed.

I'll keep yall posted. Bill

?????Hmmmmmmmm....Tracker needs the procedure on the fix? That's interesting....at least they'll know your definitely keepin' an eye on em'. May not be a biggy but, at least they are tryin'''' Good luck...

TEE

bill,

if you can get it fixed without having to send it to the warranty center, you are way ahead of the game. watch them close and make sure they do a good job. hope the best for ya.

jd

Latest posts

Back