Flying (Fishing) Blind

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Murray

Reaction score
Hope everyone had a fun & safe weekend. Pretty rough day on Texoma yesterday, but managed to boat a few buck bass from the cedars. Now that we're firmly entrenched in the post-spawn period, finding the first break-line from the spawning areas is key. Good electronics will best help you find that area. That's why I was flipping wood in 3 foot of water yesterday...NO ELECTRONICS!!

Maybe ya'll can help me figure out my prob's and get me back to where the biggun's are. Otherwise, I'm back to BPS and dropping some coin on new finders (maybe not a bad thing!!) My prob's are two-fold, so here goes:

1. LPG2000 on bow somehow got waterlogged and quit working several weeks ago. Took it apart and let it dry to no avail. Worked for 10-15 minutes, condensation built back up on screen and then shut down again. Is there anything else I can do to fix this thing or does it need to be returned (last resort...I want to fish NOW!!)

2. H'Bird 400TX on helm hasn't worked since day one. Replaced twice for "bad computer" to no avail. Will not hold bottom ANYWHERE! Constantly flashes from 2 to 563 ft. regardless of true depth (or bottom composition). However, works great when idling 10-15 mph...wierd, huh?? Think it may be the 'ducer, but not sure yet. Have fiddled with all of the settings in many different environments...same crap. HELP!

Have a flasher in dash, but real hard to go back and forth from TM to helm (especially when battling HUGE Texas toads!)

Any help would be appreciated...otherwise, Ken and I need to talk about retro-fitting all my electronics. Don't think the "Call Craig and get a 10% discount" thing is gonna work this time!!!

Adam,...."Lowrance"....buy'em now,....you're fishin by the weekend,..trouble free!!! No worries Mate!!

Mac

You got it, Mac! Sent LPG2000 to be repaired/replaced today. When it returns, local dealer is gonna buy both units from me and install LCX-15 at helm and X-85 on bow.

Adam....

The "old" x series are on clearance now. The 6-65 is $199. And the x85 is $299, both at BPS......Might think about these....

Mini

That's one of the reasons I chose the X85 for the bow. He was clearing them out at the same price as BPS.

Do either of you have the LCX-15? I got the GPS module with it and was wondering what software was available to load into unit.

No...neither of us have that unit,.....i want one, and I'll get it on my next boat,...but I've got a LMS160 on my boat and I like that unit!! It's 2 yrs old, but it's never let me down!! The LCX-15 is awesome though!

I am very familiar with the x15 Adam.....Navionics Echarts are the only ones I know of right now. The best coverage is for coastal areas or the Great Lakes. Navionics does have a Hot Spots "inland" edition. try either of the websites.

www.lowrance.com

www.navionics.com

www.fishinghotspots.com

Lowrance also has a cool x15 emulator that you can run on your pc to get to know the menu system. Its free and is really helpful.

Mini

I have the same setup as you mention. X-85 at the bow and the X-15 W/GPS at the console. I really love both units. I have not used any "aftermarket maps". The mapping CD that came with the unit allows you to create section maps of a lake and after you save some waypoints on your unit, upload those back into your PC.

Lowrance Rules!

Back