Fly the flag this coming Monday!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Transplant

Reaction score
Let's not forget. Please consider to fly your flag this coming Monday, in rememberance of the 9/11 Victims, and in honor for those that continue to defend and honor our freedoms.

Let's do it !!!

Please join us in this FLY THE FLAG campaign and PLEASE forward this email immediately to everyone in your address book asking them to also forward it. We have a little less than one week and counting to get the word out all across this great land and into every community in the United States of America . If you forward this email to least 11 people and each of those people do the same...you get the idea.

THE PROGRAM IS THIS:

On Monday, September 11th, 2006, an American flag should be displayed outside every home, apartment, office, and store in the United States . Every individual should make it their duty to display an American flag on this fifth anniversary of our country's worst tragedy. We do this in honor of those who lost their lives on 9/11, their families, friends and loved ones who continue to endure the pain, and those who today are fighting at home and abroad to preserve our cherished freedoms.

In the days, weeks and months following 9/11, our country was bathed in American flags as citizens mourned the incredible losses and stood shoulder-to-shoulder against terrorism. Sadly, those flags have all but disappeared. Our patriotism pulled us through some tough times and it shouldn't take another attack to galvanize us in solidarity. Our American flag is the fabric of our country and together we can prevail over terrorism of all kinds.

Action Plan: So, here's what we need you to do...

(1) Forward this email to everyone you know (at least 11 people). Please don't be the one to break this chain. Take a moment to think back to how you felt on 9/11 and let those sentiments guide you.

(2) Fly an American flag of any size on 9/11. Honestly, Americans should fly the flag year-round, but if you don't, then at least make it a priority on this day.

Thank you for your participation. God Bless You and God Bless America.

:):):D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes:

As an Air Force veteran, I have always flown at flag year round at my house. I display it properly and respectively. It's always lighted at night. lowered to half mast when required and replaced and disposed off accordingly when needed. It will lowered to half mast this Monday Sept. 11th in honor of all who died. It's my personal way of showing respect to all who have served before me, with me and after me.

Barry ;)

Mine's out year round too.......infact I replace it 2 times a year due to sun fading!!:rolleyes:

I fly mine year round..MIA Also...JR

Here's some info for when to fly the flag at half mast.

Peace Officers Memorial Day, May 15th

Memorial Day, last Monday in May (Flag raised to full staff at noon)

Korean War Veterans Day, July 27th

Patriot Day, September 11th

Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day, December 7th

Thirty days after the death of a president or former president

Ten days after the death of a vice president, the chief of justice or a retired chief of justice or the speaker of the house of representatives.

Until the burial of an associate justice of the Supreme Court, secretary of a military department, a former vice president, or the governor of a state, territory, or possession.

On the day of and the day after the death of a member of Congress.

On Memorial Day, the day set aside to honor all the people who have died while serving the United States & originally called Decoration Day, the flag is flown at half-mast until noon, then raised to full staff until sundown.

Yup, mine will be up, as it is every day. I thank the good Lord every day for being an American, and also praise him for the fine men and women that support and defend our great nation.

Mine is ALWAYS flying. Didn't know about the half-mast so appreciate the comments.

Latest posts

Back