Florida Bass Fishing

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Smith

Reaction score
I'm heading to Disney World for 5 days starting next Thursday, my oldest daughter has a national dance competition there. I will have alot of down time between events, and while we plan on hitting the parks and such, I've decided to take a little "Me" time one morning and do a little fishing on Lake Buena Vista which is the body of water which runs through Disney World. I've been told by guest services at the Hotel we are staying at that guided trips are available and to see them when I arrive so they can set that up for me. While I realize that I should just shut up and listen to my guide, I was wondering if there may be any insider tips or tricks to Florida bass fishing which might help me out when I get there. I've never fished for bass south of Tenessee and have heard rumors that the Florida strain is a whole different animal when it comes to fishin for them. Any ideas fellas...?

Smitty: First when you book the guide ask for Carrie. Yes, a lady, and an excellent guide. You will have two choices, live bait or artificial. With live bait you just float shiners. With artificials, Carrie will move around and take you to some better spots. Soft plastic jerk baits in lighter colors, and plastic worms, in darker colors should do the trick. The only way to fish on Disney property is with a Disney guide. I have taken people there and we always catch fish. I always use Carrie.

Hope you have a great visit to our little town. If you happen to visit the Mall At Millenia, look me up!

DS

Thanks guys, appreciate the info. Besides my little fishin trip, I'm not sure what exactly I'll be doing down there between competitions. I guess it'll be wherever my kids lead me..I'm sure it'll be a good time though....

hey i live in leesburg fl about an hour from disney

i never fished their lakes (disney that is }

but i do fish alot of the lakes around there.

the butler chain is good fishing about 20mins from there

but i recommend the stick marsh / farm 13 on the east coastabout 1hr1/2 away great fishing topwater and worms

far as lures go you cant go wrong with zara spooks, devil

horse big lures etc or the old reliable worm june bug flas best color stick marsh will produce a 8 to 10 lb bass for you .......... any questions email me joe

[email protected]

Latest posts

Back