floating lights for Crappie - what kind??

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
Guys - next Sat i'm doing my first ever night fishing for Crappie. I've located a few bridges the locals tell me are good to anchor and fish. I've been looking at lunch at the different floating/submerged lights. There seems to be 2 kinds - 1) is like a fload light stuck in a syrofoam housing that floats on top and 2) is the kids like a stick of florescent light sealed and you hang it down IN the water.

Any suggestions? They both seem to be around 10-20 bucks.

Trep

Which one looks like it would attract the least amount of bugs??

Harpo

Muskyman - Thanks!! I only have a 12vlt system so that is good, also what i'll do is put a cigarette lighter plug on it, I put two 12 vlt powerpoint in the boat a few years ago (one at the bow and one at the console). I found the syrafoam ones for $15 at a few baitshops here, didn't see the other kind anyway, and stopped at wallyworld at lunch and they were out of both kinds.

Any other tips on using them or fishing around them for crappie???

THOSE THINGS ARE POPULAR........it seems like i've always got ppl asking....

I know it wont help you any but.....

They are on the end of the second isle to the left of the Reel Counter.

We have two types, like you stated... one that floats on the water and shines down and another that has a 15 foot cord.

I have the one that sinks and it has rattles in it. I've used it once at Table Rock...that was last year. I just dont do enough night fishing tho....

Anyway...good luck!!!!

Thanks BJ, sounds like you know that store like the back of your hand!! Unfortunetly is a LONG drive from Atlanta !!! LOL

Latest posts

Back