Found the local fishing club!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
OK Beka had a tour of a local art community this afternoon about 30 minutes from our place, and our driver recommended a local park for the kids and I. So we paid our 2 RMB (about 26 cents US) to get in the park, neat place - beach, electric boats to rent, great paths-bridges-landscape-art... and THEN we located the local fishing holes!! The 2 pictures below are of the "reserved" section, 16 places I think you must reserve ahead of time on prime fishing days for the best hole! Each of the fishing lakes/areas were segregated by nets so it seemed to keep the fish in each location (obviously a stocked pond), but this specific hole had the "real fisherman"! Each had his gear in what looked like a small golf bag with different pockets (for tackle, gear...) plus a swing out pair of legs to hold the case up and off the ground. Most of these guys had coolers obviously made for this type of fishing with a padded seat, and a small arm/mount in front. The rods were 10-15ft poles with line attached to the end with a small float and splitshot and 1-2 drop hooks. Very similar to Crappie fishing rigs in the US. The would underhand cast/swing the hook/weight/float out and let it sink and place the rod in the arm/holder and held the butt of the rod in their hands. Then when the float would move they would make a upward sweeping motion to set the hook and when done right the fish(what looked similar to a crappie about 1/2-1lbs) was brought to shore. They never got up off their seats, and were very adept at unhooking the fish, dropping them into the holding net (in front of them in orange in the pictures) and bait the hook again and cast back for more. Bait seemed like catfish/carp dough they would pinch a piece to the small hook. I told Beka I need her to take me to the fishing supply store she found in one of the local markets so I can get the basic gear and try this before it gets too cold!

There were 6-8 more 'ponds/holes' but this one seemed to be the most active and biggest fish. Obviously i'll catch and release when I try, water quality is not what I want to eat fish out of, and i'm sure i'll get looks and words from them as a let the fish go (may have to donate to the oldest or neediest fisherman if I actual catch one!!).

But these guys were hard core, reminded me of fishing with a bass club, all the gear, the focused looks and hook sets, and I gotta try this!!

2043208822_006f8f2f12.jpg

2042410875_4efe6043dc.jpg

How far out can they get their bait? Not far I'll bet. You need to get a casting rod and show them what happens when you get out where the big fish live!! Also do your homework and find out just what they are catching and why it hits a doughball????

TOXIC

Tox - I'd love to do the homework, problems is I don't speak CHINESE!!! I'll keep working on it.

Yup Dewey withdrawls SERIOUSLY!!

Trep

Trep,

Cool pics!

Get one of those telescoping rod and reel combos and show them how to "cast"!!

It looks like the guy in the red jacket is fishing mini's chinese chit!!!

Bob G.

Cool pics, Trep!

All those poeple on the bank that close together reminds me of a pay lake I went to once (never again). People there were absolutely wild trying to catch some catfish. Too crowded for me :unsure:

Latest posts

Back