Fishing with Greg Meyer & Toxic

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Jeffers

Reaction score
I had the pleasure of fishing with Greg & Tox last week in Winneconne, WI. While this year's outing was rather uneventful compared to last year (when Greg Meyer had to remove a Rapala from some poor guy's scalp), it was a great time with a couple of great guys.

Some of the highlights (or lowlights):

Toxic was able to find the resort this year, but Greg seemed to have a hard time finding his way around (2 wrong turns on the way to the restaurant). When we finally found Haase's Supper Club, the ribeye steaks were awesome, the scotch was pretty good, but they didn't have any of Greg's favorite bourbon:(.

Once on the water, Greg got his hook snagged on some riprap shoreline. When he climbed on to a pier in order to retrieve his hook from the shore, the land owner came up from where he' been fishing, yellin' and cussin' something about getting the he** off his dock and that "you bass fisherman are responsible for damaging my property last week" etc. Greg politely explained that we were only retrieving the hook so that nobody got hurt stepping on it and that we didn't damage anything. Well, this escalated to the point that Greg shouted at the guy "A**holes like you make me glad I retired from law enforcement". Meanwhile, I think Tox was doing all he could to put distance between his boat and mine:D. Ultimately, apologies were exchanged and everybody went on their way.

After that we docked for lunch, where Tox had the "3-B" Sandwich. That's a burger, a bratwurst, and bacon served on the same bun. I think I could hear his arteries hardening as he was eating it. After lunch, and some minor mechanical issues with my motor, we went upriver to fish Corey's Chit. (pictures to follow - when I can get them downloaded from my memory stick). Good fishing, good weather, and great company. Thank you Greg and Tox for a great time on the water. Oh yeah, and thanks to Greg for sharing your room with me that last night - I hope Neeley doesn't get jealous:p.

TJ

As long as you stayed on your side of the bed, I have no problem with it!!! :lol::p

Corey...

You really did miss a fun day... Tox was too "skeered" to challenge our waitress to an arm wrestling contest this time...

And, TJ's description of the idiot dock owner was kind...

We both (TJ and I) (seriously) thought the rooms we had were pretty nice for $60 a night... kitchenette, A/C and a covered boat dock...

TJ... what IS the story with the motor... Mine was a coil pack AND a blown head gasket...

Greg - it was a bad heat sensor on one side of the motor that was responsible for the alarm. The lack of power, as it turns out, was a plug wire that came off, presumably while I was wrestling with the cowling out on the lake. So you were right on - it was two separate issues. I'm surprised you haven't bragged up the rod rack that you had in your room.

When is Tox back, anyway? I don't want to abuse him too much until he can at least defend himself;).

TJ

Oh, I'm back and notice that there was no mention of Meyer coaxing me to drop the 929 down that 90 degee ramp at the cottages. I re-named it the "Grand Canyon" ramp. And yes we raped Corey's chit Royal!!:lol: Spent so much time there we didn't have time to hit any other spots on the river. We were about 25 feet from shore and some doofus was drift fishing doing the verticle spoon thing and he drifted right between us and the shore, TJ and I just looked at each other and laughed. I did fling a Senko across his nose (the one on his face:D!!). I wasn't trying to distance myself when that nimrod was coming after you, I just wanted to get in a better position to watch Greg leap from the deck of the boat:lol: I forgot to steal some of those cookies too!! This year I hung around for dinner and we went to the Friday night fish fry.....yum!! TJ, make sure you thank your wife for the nametag!!:p

I'll post some pics in another thread. All of the ones I got of you 2 yahoos are on the disposable camera though.

TOXIC

Back