Fishfinder/GPS

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Carrier

Reaction score
I just purchased a Tracker 190 TX with the basic stock Lowrance X50 mounted on the dash. I would like to add the Humminbird 597 DI that provides much more info. I am a novice and need your advice. I want to mount a unit on the bow, but it seems to me that the Humminbird should be mounted on the dash in order to provide info directly to me as I pilot the lake using the chart plotter. Several questions: Should I replace the stock Lowrance with the Humminbird on the dash? If so, should I put a better unit than the Lowrance X50 on the bow to gain the most info. It seems to me that you really need a better unit on both the dash and bow than is provided as stock item from the factory.

I definitely assume that in order to mount the Humminbird on the dash, I have to use the transducer supplied - in other words, Lowrance and Humminbird transducers are not compatible? Any help - advice is appreciated!

Just my 2 cents. Im a HUGE fan of the Lowrance HDS series. 2 on my boat personally with structure scan. The Humminbirds are excellent as well with the down and side imaging. Either way, you can not go wrong. Look into them, learn about what each model offers and figure which ones are best for you. I HIGHLY recommend either the HDS series from Lowrance or the Humminbird SI series.

Actually, Minn Kota has some trolling motors with Univarsal Sonar 2 transducer. This transducer is built in the TM and is compatible with both Lowrance and Humminbird units.

Juan Gonzalez

Latest posts

Back