First Tournament

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coach allen

Reaction score
I'm entering my first tournament this weekend ( McDonalds Big Spalsh) on Lake Fork. I have never Fished Fork. Any Ideas where to fish and what to use. I know worms and lizards but what colors. Anything else??

Thanks

Do a search for 'Lake Fork' on this forum. Got some reports out there that 'might' help. Haven't fished it yet (about an hour or so from me in E. Texas), so I really don't have much of a help.

If IKE (the hurricane, not the angler) keeps coming the direction shown, might be a pretty wet and miserable day.

Tex

Coach, check the Texas Fishing Forum, there is a current report on there. Here it is. He has some pics on the post as well. Good luck.

ake Fork Trophy Bass Fishing Report

Submitted on September 8, 2008

By Lake Fork Guide James Caldemeyer

September is a great month for catching big bass on Lake Fork and this year will be no exception. As fall rolls in and the weather starts to cool the bass will become more active in their regular feeding patterns and you can expect some very productive days on the water.

The water conditions on Lake Fork are great right now. We have lots of water with levels sitting just a few inches below full pool. The water clarity is fairly clear in most areas with some off colored water in other areas. Water temperatures have been ranging from 80-84 degrees.

With all the shallow vegetation and cover available to the fish this year you will find many fish that are moving into very shallow water to feed. As fall comes in, the shallow patterns will become increasingly more productive early in the day and late or all day on cloudy days. The top water bite has been pretty good lately with white buzz baits, shad colored yellow magics and watermelon/pearl Wave Worm Tiki Toads being the most productive. Fishing these baits up in the matted grass, lily pads, duck weed and over the submerged hydrilla will draw some huge blow ups. Finding areas that have good vegetation is not difficult but the presence of bait fish is the key. The bass are following these schools as they move into the shallows and the more bait you find, the more bass will be with them. Wacky rigged trick worms and Texas rigged 8 or 10 inch worms with a 1/4 to 3/8 oz. pegged weight fished in the grass on the bank out to 12 foot on main lake and secondary points at the mouths of the creeks is also producing well. Best colors have been watermelon red, watermelon candy, june bug, plum, and blue fleck.

The deep fishing is also great this time of year on Carolina rigs, Talon football head jigs and spoons or shad pattern DD 22

Coach

Call me some time this week... I live in Frisco and have been fishing Fork for many years... I will be fishing the Big Bass Splash all 3 days and will be up there from Wed-Sun. I have beed a member of this board for about 7 years and even helped put together a small get together at Fork several years ago for some of the members, give me a call 903-267-5159 Kraig

Latest posts

Back