First ever MUSKIE!!!!

• Thread starter Marke Cicero [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marke Cicero

Reaction score
We went out on St. Clair this morning and fished in the Anchor Bay area for a few hours. It wasn't the nice sunny day we were expecting but the sun was shining on Brandyn this morning when he hooked into his very first Muskie. He caught in his 3rd or 4th cast of the day.

Then I almost caught my first Muskie about an hour later. I had one follow my bait right up to the boat. Unfortunatley, I didn't see it until I pulled my rattle trap out of the water and the Muskie jumped out of the water to get it. It reminded me of that seen from Jaws when that guy was pouring the chum into the water and Jaws came up out of no where....LOL And just like in Jaws, no body saw it but me :eek:)

Anyway, as Mini says "It was another great day on the pond".

Marke
Brans first Muskie.jpg

Marke,

Congrats on the muskie! I have never caught one or fished for them. I finally got on Champlain yesterday and posted a report. Nice jacket, were'nt you supposed to send me one?? XL will do!

Bob G.

Good job on the musky,Brandyn.I'm still waiting on my first one.LOL

Nice fish Brandyn, maybe you can show Dad how to catch one..

Buzz

way to go! that is a great pic, one to definately keep. from what i've seen of muskie, they sure look fun. wish we had them here.

jd

Nice, now where are the 6lb smallies???? LOL And on muskie, wait until you're reeling in a 2lb bass or big perch and a 20 lb muskie decides to bite it in half for you! LOL What a trip. Now fess up, your boy did all the catchin that day, didn't he?

Great Pic Marke!!!

Gotta love it when the kids are catching fish!!!

Who came along to snap the pic???

Can't wait until Saturday...

Next to the opening day of deer season, its the most awaited opening day of the year! LOL BASS SEASON!!!

az

Question...what is a tin owner doing in a Nitro jacket? Is someone suffering from Glass Envy??? Cool fish, I've caught my share of nice pike but never a musky. We need to get together on clair sometime.

Gene

Good Pic. Once you get the fever, you will stop going after those sissy bass!

Rich D

That was one of my old jackets!!..LOL....Gave one to Craig and one to "Mock"......also gave my wife's "large" to Neeley! Mock and Craig got the XXL's!!..ahaha.....and Buzz got my sweeet Savage Edition leather jacket,......wasn't going to throw them away when I have friends who want'em!!

(BTW,..If you found any baits in the pocket's,..I want them back!!..LOL)

Mac-

what about the Nitro/Tracker hats?

I need more hats...

Now that I don't have to worry about frostbite, I have to start watching out for sunburn!!!

LOL

az

I've got a bunch of hats I can send you,....they all say Nitro though.......don't have any "Tracker" ones!! Send me your home address!!

Marke...!!!

I thought that was you...!!! You drove right by me in Anchor Bay and did'nt even say hello!!...I saw you toolin across toward the launch while I was fishin..you were about 200 yds away...I was gonna chase ya down but ya disappeared into the launch and I was bein far too lazy to pull up the trollin motor and strap everything down..! Beautiful day out there, sun woulda brought the kooks out..I liked it just the way it was

Thanks Everyone, we all had a great time until Jill got sea sick. She isn't used to steady 2 and 3 foot rollers all day from the wind. It didn't affect the boys though, they are very sea worthy and make great first mates.

Thanks for that jacket Mac. I didn't find any baits in the pockets, but MOJO just oooooooozzzes out of it.

Yes Craig, the Muskie came on THE Rattle Trap. I think I need to buy more.

Smitty, I didn't even see you. There were a lot of boats out there and I didn't even see you. I was just focusing on getting Jill OFF the water.

Gene and Andy...anytime guys!! Lets definitely get out there. SOON!!!

OK Rob, I'll fess up. Yes, I got SKUNKED!!! I'm never too ashamed to admit that my family out fishes me...as it should be :eek:)

talk to you later,

Marke

I can attest to the MOJO. The ole' TV18 is becoming a fish catchin' machine!!! (BTW Mac, no baits, just the keys for the Blazer, remember?) Ya Marke, gotta get more of them 'traps!!! Hey, wanna hit Orion again next week? Maybe meet up with Mac and get some of his secrets.

Craig

Ahhh,..the keys!!..I'da rather lost the keys than my mojo!!

Keys can be replaced,...mojo has to be earned!!!...LOL

I need to go buy that Lynyrd Skynyrd CD "Street Survivors"..it has two songs about fishin'!! "That Smell"..(They're talking about pike slime)...and "Gimme back my mojo!" LOL...I think they say "bullets" in the song,...but they really mean MOJO!!! Lynyrd ruled!!! Until that TIN plane went down!!!...they shoulda been drivin' corvettes!!!

Congrats on the muskie!!

Most I've gotten so far is follows, and some good up close looks at 'em but haven't been able to make the transition from "hooking" to "landing". darnit,LOL..egMike

eg,...next time you see a "follow" like that,...speed up your retrieve or really jerk your rod and bait at the last second......sometimes that sudden change in cadence will trigger that reaction bite,....you can do a figure 8 by the boat too.....those 'ol snot rockets can't stand that!! You'll get the hook ups then!!! Just be prepaired to possibly lose a bait if you're not using musky tackle!! LOL

Hang in there.....you'll get "snaggle tooth" soon!!

Great fish Marke!!!

Ok boys...Gene, Smitty, Marke, Mac, etc....I'm almost done mushroom hunting and ready to fish!!!!!!

Call or e-mail...have rods, will travel!!!

Thanks Mac,

I DO do the figure 8's, and use musky tackle setup when fishing exclusively for 'em, (not often)

but I will say most of my follows come when bass fishing for some reason, on this one small lake, when not even looking for or thinking I'll come across a musky, sooner or later I'm sure I'll get my turn to land one, until then, I'll keep in mind your suggestion about varying the speed, 'cause I KNOW I'm guilty alot of getting into a speed pattern and not changing it up! Thanks Mac, egMike

Caught a Tiger Musky last year in Wisconsin on a spro crankbait. Wild lookin fish. They are all hatchery bred and pretty rare. My wife's cousin (avid musky fisherman) had an absolute fit when he found out I turned him loose.

TOXIC

There's a lake by me that's stocked heavily with tiger's...I caught 6 of the dang things one day in a club bass tournament many years ago.....all on crankbaits! Got 3 on 3 consecutive casts!! The funny part was that there were 2 guys who were trolling for them right where I was fishing...15yds away,..they'd troll by within 1/2 a cast away..I wanted Bass and couldn't keep the tiger's away....they wanted tigers and kept catching bass!! Nice Ski's too,...a couple of them were 30+" long.....they'd hit that crnkbt like a truck!!! Thought I had some SUPER TOAD bass on!!..LOL...

Mac

Sorry guys that wasn't Jill. Brandyn read this thread for the first and thought he could teach some of us a thing or two about toothy critters. Which he probably can....LOL

Bran,

Rich wasn't talking about a PIKE. A PIC is an abbreviation for PICTURE. He was complimenting you on the picture of the musky.

Now, there will be no more posting without mom or dad around.

Love you Bud,

Dad

Back