Douglass Marshal

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T AMBURGEY

Reaction score
I got to go out with James Niggemyer on day one he ran up river. He was the first one there his Bass Cat is fast. Pretty soon Biffle and Tak showed up. They had all been there during practice. I got to watch a shallow water clinic. All pitching Beavers and Rodents. All had limits quickly. They both gave Tak a hard time for sticking fish in practice. Good fun ribbing among each other. They all got limits and left. James caught and culled all day long 25 is were I lost count. He was a great guy. Answered all my questions. Day two was Derek Remitz. He fished the shad spawn early and got a quick limit also. He missed 5 key fish that hurt him. He moved deep after 9 O clock. Kriet came in and ask him how many he had. When he answered five but very small. Kreit told him man back to off right were you are at. I caught 14 there this morning. He picked up a foot ball jig and up graded some. I really enjoyed this and the one thing I took away is these guys fish alot deeper than I have ever dared. The boat sat in 38 feet of water casting to deeper water. Id do it again in a heart beat. I know it isnt for everyone but Im a fan of the sport and its the best seat in the house for a day.

pretty cool how even when in competition, Kriet was willing to help Remitz out. not heard of very often. I would love to do it as well.

It was a very cool experiance. It wasnt even close between the deep guys and shallow. The deep ones ran away with it. I think Rojas did cull up shallow. They fished deeper than I ever considered looking at. They really use and trust their equipment. They find fish with their eletronics and then they catch what they find. It really was a pitching clinic that first morning. Biffle, Tak, and my day one pro caught them quick and fast. They skip a lure so much better than I ever saw any one do.I also liked Remitz started into a pocket late in the day and other anglers were in there. He said I would go in there but I didnt practice there they did so he turned and left.

DC,

When I was on Smith Mountain, Zell was going through a tough dry spell. Gary Klein actually climbed in Zell's boat one morning and they spent about 20 min going over his GPS;) Van Dam motored up to us and wished him well and gave him a motivational speech that got me wanting to fish!! These guys, for the most part, are pretty tight.

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back