FIRST DAY OUT

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAMES MOORE

Reaction score
I ran that first 12 gallons of double oil through the Avalanche today. Didn't take to long, a few trips up around the bay by my camp on Black Lake. One long trip about 15 miles up the lake and the 12 gallons was gone.

Now for the good news. Boat rides like a dream. Wind took to blowing on my long trip, white caps and 2-1/2 foot waves, never knew they were there. After running it for that 1st hour at 2000-3000 rpms (at 3000 rpms GPS read 29.8 MPH) Hole shot is unbelievable, that baby just jumps out the water and screams. From time of punch to boat on plain, 2.3-2.5 seconds. Really sets you back in the seat.

Took two other friends for a ride, with three people about 600 lbs total weight 4.4 seconds to get on plain,

after I stood her almost on end, forgot to trim the motor back down. Now to get a complete tank of reqular mixed gas thru her and she'll be broke in. Don't know what top speed is going to be yet. I haven't put the motor past 4000 rpms. I will do that tomorrow after running part of a tank of normal mixture thru her. All in all I'm very pleased with the performance of the boat. P.S. the fishing wasn't good at all, surface temp. down to 47 degrees. Warmest water I found was 50 degrees. A better day coming tomorrow if the sun shines like today.

Congrats on the new boat Bass!!! I'm really looking into buying the avanlanche,although my proteam 175 is only a year old and does a wonderful job,theres nothing like hearing that 150 humming behind your head lol. Post a pic when you get the chance!

Bobby

a few of my friends and i are planning a trip to black lake. we are talking to "pleasant view camps". from what we have heard and seen on web sites. we are pretty excited to fish there. sometime in september. we wanted to go there as a club opening weekend (bass). no one could book just a weekend, (they wanted full week until after august) we have between 35-40 members who would go (15-20 boats). you wouldn't know anyplace we might of missed,do you? for 2003. thanks. stan.

Hey Stan try McClears Cottage Colony and RV park at 315-375-6508 or the LOG Cabbbins at 315-375-6691 both places cater to tournament groups and are close to the State launch.

James - That is one SWEET looking boat in your library! If you, you know, get TIRED of running that fast, i'd be happy to let you borrow the PC 175 w/40 Merc while I try out your Avalanche!!! LOL

Hey one thing I thing that rig needs (beside me and Scott going for a ride) is a set of Boat buckles, love Mine and then you don't get any chipped paint off the trailer!

Beautiful boat, James! They have a white one here at the Fishin' Hole in St. Louis, but I think the Pewter color is the best for that boat. May you get many, many years of enjoyment out of it! Keep us posted on how it runs, fishes and holds up over time!

MO

Latest posts

Back