First Client Trip

• Thread starter Scott Hammer TOXIC [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~l
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
Had my first client today. Weather was TOUGH!! 30mph winds, I froze my forehead on the first run.....but, I put him on "a" fish!!LOL I knew there were gonna be days like this. I ran all over that lake!! Well, at least he caught a keeper....on a Senko of course!!

TOXIC
IMG0054.JPG

Congrats... I know how you feel, we fished Rodman today and managed 2 pickerel, 1 dink bass and lost a ( we think a nice one at the boat ).... Was tough fishing with the wind it must have been blowing 25 out there with gusts higher.. Gotta tell ya, never seen SO many HUGE stumps in my life,, worse that Stickmarsh/Farm 13. For everyone we saw above the water there must be 50 you cannot see till your on top of them.. Glad to see your first client got a keeper..

A fish? Just one?? Just kidding Tox. It was a bit windy today. I stayed up in Maryland this weekend for kid stuff. Hope to be down there next weekend. They say it just might warm up a bit by then.... yeah, right.

Glad you caught at least one..... and you got to go out on the water.

david.....

Well, he missed a couple more....Just learning a senko and I actually missed a couple. It is not unusual for me not to catch fish when I have an experienced angler in the boat. I spend my time coaching and scouting. He was up on the front deck with me so I was not free to cast when and where I wanted. Good thing was I put together a killer pattern and he has a tx next week. Main lake had some good rollers. I can usually find a quiet spot!!LOL

TOXIC

Tox-

Do you fish much while guiding clients?

I have read posts about people getting PO'd because their guide was fishing also.It seems to me that if the guide was fishing he could better figure out exactly what the fish were doing,and get a better pattern going.

Just wondering.

Steve

Toxic - Because of the weather I decided to fish the hot side. Wind was whipping too but Tony and I got on some nice bass. Picked up about 10 but only in the 2-3 pound range. Did find some nice size bluegills / bream that were hitting on small artificials in the back coves.

Wind was so strong that coming back to the launch ramp my buddy was trying to get ready to jump on the dock and a wave hit the boat and in the drink he went. Fortunately, the water was 74 degrees.

Let's get together soon (again) and I'll put you on the fish. LOL

Steve, it is up to the clients a good guide will ask if they want him to fish. If it is tourney guys pre fishing, I always tie on something other than them to see if another bait won't work better. If the clients are not catching fish and I am, I will usually put the rod down and coach them as well as bring them up on the front deck with me.

Bill, water on the cold side was 51....amazing the difference!! Let me know when, I'll be there.

TOXIC

Toxic, I should be there next weekend, you can put in at my place if you want. I would not be able to put you on any fish, but maybe Bill can tell you where they are. I probably won't get out in the boat, but you are welcome to come by.

david......

I hope you and Darrin had a good day!! We caught one fish, A very tough day on Gaston. Over half the field blanked for the day!!! KB

no complaining about cold water and wind. at least you guys have water.

we still have lots of ice !!!!

GregD

Toxic / KB - I keep telling you guys that the hot side is the way to go until the cold side warms up a bit. Found some real nice locations that appear to be good crappie holes and the bluegills are starting to fan their nests in some back coves. Will definitely go in with a 5/6 flyrod or some ultalight spinning with small spinner flies or wet flies to get some nice action and fun.

The Canal (1) was not very productive on Saturday and cure winds were so strong that the current was running backwards. It made it difficult to manuver the boat around the pilings to the bridge. We gave up and went looking for some leeward coves. Funny thing was that we hit some nice bass at my neighbors boat dock just before we came off the lake. Figures!

Latest posts

Back