finders and speed/temp

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEFF WHITE

Reaction score
i got a eagle magna2 on the bow with speed temp,i got a zercom lpg2000 on the console,which has all the bells and whistles,here is the question,is it ok to leave the bow mount on with the transducer not in the water for any extended period of time,say hr or 2,or will it screw something up.my front one is in a good posistion that i can see the speed and temp while driving without having to look down all the time.what we look for is the surface temp on the lake for browns and such.the speed isnt to critical except when running from one spot to another,and sometimes trolling,but i use the gps for that mainly.

thanks

i kind of figured that.its kind of diffucult to run with the bow mount down!!

oh well,i guess ill have to suffer looking down all the time,or put it on the transom,but wont that interfere with the zercom i got.im wondering now.i have extra screw holes in the transom that are plugged up with a screw,but im wondering now,as i kind of scarf up the transducer on more than one occasion.

thanks

I have had a few finds in my days but have never read in any of the info that came with them not to fun them out of the water.I may be wrong just had never read it.I would think it would be on the front page if it was true.Or on the finder itself.

Nitro mounts the console transducer to shot ther the hull which is a transom unit. I have always left the trolling motor transducer on with the motor up when running never had any prolems.

You wont damage the unit in any way, but if you use it in automatic mode the unit may have a difficult time finding bottom once it is returned to the water. Manual mode will not have that problem.

Mini

what im using it for,is the digital screen,it just has the depth,speed,and temp on it,no screen,of for better words,no fish arches/sonar.it is easier for me to keep my eyes on the forward momentum of the boat when trolling and it takes a section of the screen off the zercom.

oh well,i guess if it hurts it,no loss,since it is 7 yrs old,and semi still works,the power off button doesnt work anymore.

thanks

Latest posts

Back