Finally Picked up my Targa 18sc 115 hp 4 stroke

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Hale

Reaction score
Nice sunny day in KC,MO--temp 80--Wind 20-30mph with gust to 40--

Now remember this is my first boat ---

The Salemen were great from Sportmens-- Spent over 30min walking the wife and I through all the do'es and don'ts. -- Hooked up the boat -- Carl (saleman)took us to a lake -- Took us out -- very windy but the water was not to bad-- Spent a good 30-45min on the water. Gave me a few tips -- Man do I need seat time -- scared the wife a few times even though we keep it 3500 rpm or less -- about 32-34mph. I was as nervous as a June bride and so excitided all at the same time. Carl backed up the trailer -- I drove the boat on the trailer 1st try with a stronge cross wind. Went back to the dealer --signed the paper and out the door.

Also I backed the boat down my 100+ foot drive way the 1st try-- (brick wall on one side and power poll on the other).

The wind here tomorrow is forcasted to be worst(45mph gust)--Guest I will read all the books I got.

Thanks Guys for all your advice -- It realy helped me.

It's a great boat -- "I need to become one with my boat".

"may the force be with me".

Rick

Rick,

Congrats on the new boat!! Sounds like you have a good dealer. Post some pics when you get the chance. Enjoy!!

Bob G.

Kudos to your Dealership! Not only did they take you out in the new boat - they did it BEFORE you signed the paperwork! Absolutely the very best sort of customer relations! Be sure to fill out a Dealer Report on them in the Resource area of this site - more people will want to do business there!

Congratulations, Rick!

me!

Congrats on your new boat!! New boats rock!! That is pretty awesome that your dealer took you out BEFORE you bought the boat. Dealers around here don't do that. We will learn to drive our boats this summer. Maybe we should have hazards lights for the first 10 hours. HA!

Rick,

Congrats on the new boat! You must have finished your wife's deck?? Be sure and break your motor in right and it should last you a long time! Also, take time and read all your manuals, since this is your first boat. It'll pay off in the long run. Have fun backing down your 100'driveway. You'll be an expert in no time!!

Have fun!

Glenn

Congrads on new boat and sounds like you have a great dealer. My bro has a avalanche with the 115 4 stroke and man is that thing quite, purs like a kittin. he likes it, I make fun of him when Im in mine though, usually yell over my 2 stroke for him to turn his motor on wouldnt know it was running if not for the p hole spraying water. he told me he rides through my smoke for bug repelent (the smoke keeps skeeters down)lol

Latest posts

Back