Finally back in VT..

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob G.

Reaction score
Finally made it back to VT today after a 5 week trip to Texas. Hooked up with Adam and Dewey while I was there for some fishing on Lake Fork, Bob Sandlin and Ray Roberts. Dewey also took me to a private lake and I got SKUNKED!!! Oh well, that's fishing. Hey Trep, I don't like that feeling!!! Also met Kraig at the Ray Roberts ramp last week. This is a great site!

It was a balmy 58 degrees in VT and I think Spring is really here. Also fired up the bad arse Chevy and took it for a spin to get it warmed up. Now I remember why I don't like driving cars!!! I like to look down, not up when on the road!! Also back to my normal e-mail address. Later...

Bob G.

Bob - Welcome home!! TRUST me I KNOW that feeling!!! At least the last time out (even if it was only for 10 minutes and the run the motor/pumps I got a fish (Granted it was a 1.5lb crappie instead of a bass,but fish is fish!!!!). Heading out o-dark-30 in the morning. Beka and the kids may join me around 10am for some crappie and lunch on the lake. Air temp here was 75 today, water in the mid-60's (WAY too cold to tube/kneeboard!) but great for fishing and cruising!

Enjoy your time home Bob!!

Welcome back Bob. I'll talk to you at work sometime in the next few days..See ya bud..

bob, a couple fo us are headed to bomoseen next weekend if the ice is off. we launch off the north end. we won't be too far from the bridge. i'm in 1800tf just like robs. we usually hit some really good sized fish. thanks stan

Stan,

My parents are coming to town next weekend and i gotta work on Sunday!! I'll be passing through the area the following weekend. I'm taking my son out for youth turkey hunting in Rupert.

What are your fishing methods for this time of the year? I usually hunt turkeys for a few weeks before getting my boat out.

Bob G.

suspending stickbaits, worked 3 to 10 seconds between twitches. look for a slightly deep spot in a mostly shallow area in the north end of the lake. preferably with stumps or near a bridge. if you hit 1 stay in the area, there should be more(they are really grouped up). and bring a camera. usually they are the biggest bass i have ever caught in that lake. crankbaits are good once you find them. also those spots will work year after year. this is withen a week of ice off. stan

Latest posts

Back