Filling trim fluid

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Droke

Reaction score
Anyone know the procedure to fill the trim fluid on a 1994 90hp three cylinder engine? I have the trim unit with the black cap if that matters. I tilted the motor all the way up and unscrewed the cap but fluid ran out immediately. If I try to add fluid it will just run right back out. I know there has to be a trick. Please help.

Thanks but it says the same generic instructions as i have already read. This is by far the most frustrating issue I have ever had with my boat. Being a mechanic by trade I hate the thought of carrying it to a local shop because none have a good reputation.I could not even get a straight answer about parts availability today from a local place. I told him I would order all the parts from him and a manual. His reply was bring her in and we will take a look. I do appreciate the link, may come in handy. Thanks :)

I believe the issue here is, that when you raise the motor, you need to support the motor up without relaying on the hydraulics. Usually there is a support bar/lever you engage that keeps the motor up. Then you can fill, since there is no pressure in the system.

Dennis in Al

According to the literature I read there is only pressure on the system when trimming down. I did however engage the lever to support the motor. The fluid is not squirting out due to pressure it just runs out of the fill cap. If I add it runs straight out.

Chris, Please supply motor s/n and is email address in members file correct?

Dennis in Al

Latest posts

Back