FALLING IN LOVE

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil simms

Reaction score
Hello everyone,just letting it out every time i take out my 99 cdc 911 i fall in love with her each and every time.Its the look the feel the smell and oh yea the 225 opti power, Its everything id want in a women well just had to say it and let you guys know it was my first year here reading everything and i did enjoy it alot of smart boaters here with alot of good information thank you all.

Welcome Phil but you want a fast women you might rethink that. LOL :wacko:

I've been in love with my 896 since I saw her in 2001. :wub:

Gene

Thanks Carlos! Your's is nice too. HaHa we sound like a couple guys showing off pictures of our kids! You're about due for another "kid" aren't you? ;):lol:

Gene

HA Gene! I was looking earlier in the year, but waved it off. TOO MUCH money for what I was wanting (Z520). Crazy money man....

Mine still works well, couple of battle scars....so it is good to go for a bit more still!!!!

If the economy picks up, maybe another one, but right now, no way man....

I picked up this 99 nitro this year for 8000.00 dollars i had a tracker 175 with 75 horse beleave me when i say never thought i would spend that much.After the shock and awwww i can enjoy it,and stop thinking about the money.

Enjoy it, and I hope it brings you as many great memories as mine has brought me.

Gene

I think the actual word was Fool. ;) Sorry Buddy :)

I think really they all are tools, especially in cases like yours as a guide.

Gene

I started out caring but it was evident I couldn't keep up with the abuse clients put her through. My dock got fixed this weekend so she will soon be on the water 24-7 or at least on the lift unless I bring her in to fuel her up. Cosmetics are terrible but she has a very strong motor!! Thank heavens it will be just in time for the fall season here.

TOXIC

I don't have clients but some of my friends have no clue. They step on the seats to get to and from the rear deck and stand on the fiberglass sides to get on and off at the dock. That's why I fish by myself most of the time. :angry: Although I have put some nice gouges in the gel coat, you just can't see them very easily.

The motor is the most important thing, although...Bass Do Love Sparkles! :) Looking forward to seeing pics from down there.

Gene

Very funny CIII....I didn't break nuthin!!:lol::lol: If that POS Ranger can't withstand someone of my petite size stepping on the lids then you have more problems than that!!:lol::lol::lol: Seriously, I never knew that there was such a problem with Rangers lids until you, so politely, informed me and then I saw Mini's re-build partially for the same reason. Geeze, go buy a NITRO, mine are metal, I could do a cage match, 3rd rope bodyslam on them and they would be fine.....:D :D:D. I'm gettin keyed up cause I think I'm gonna put the old war wagon on the lift this weekend....AND GO FISHING!!!WOOOOHOOOO!! Florida fall fishing, it has dropped to 90 degrees!!:p

TOXIC

LMAO....."petite size,...stepping??"...how about BARNEY SIZED,..JUMPING from 3FT ABOVE!"

That would've gotten the attention of the Cap't of the USS Enterprise!!!

:lol::lol:

While I do not abuse my boat, I look at it as a vehicle to get me to and from the fishing. Of course, I bought it used and it had some rough edges to it. On the flip side, I do make an attempt at keeping things clean; organized and make every effort to keep it from 'casual damage'. I step where I need to step in order to be safe on the boat - sometimes that means on the seats.

I certainly have been the non-boater with club partners (or in a blind draw Federation tourney) where I have been asked to make sure that I don't 'touch/mar/harm/or get the gelcoat finish dirty' in any way. If I ride or fish from your boat, I'll obey your rules and such as long as it doesn't in any way affect 'safety'.

I think it comes down to a practical experience on the water.

Just because mine is old and has some faded gelcoat on it (along with the seats needing to be re-upholstered), doesn't mean I don't care for it.

Tex

I agree about the safty aspect of it. I have a friend that is in his 70's, there's no way he could go from one level to the other without stepping on the seat. Most of the others could. When I explain why, they try to remember. My boat is a vehicle to get me from point a to point b too. I just want to continue to look good getting there! ;):D Ok... I know it will take more than a nice looking boat for that. You know what I mean. :)

Gene

Well, my dock isn't fixed:angry::angry: He fixed the covered lift (his) and then moved his pos broke down, non-running open bow over to it and he has the bad motor off the exposed lift (where my boat will go). Rats!! I was hoping to get out. Oh yeah, my seats were trashed after my 3rd guide trip. Stepping on them, lures stuck in them, etc. They are now the poster picture of Gorilla Tape. I recovered them with it!!:lol::lol::lol: Chips on my cowling from people bouncing cranks and Carolina rigs off them. Coffee, soda spills on the "worn to the metal deck" carpeting, sun faded gel from many, many hours in the sun, and on, and on.... As long as the motor stays strong, I am a happy fisherman.

TOXIC

Sux to hear about the dock, Tox!! I'll be getting my winter trips put together the end of October and we need to plan a hookup and hit St. John's and Dr.'s, at least! Little league and the boy's birthday week at WDW keeps me tied close to home until then. Let's make it happen Cap'n!!! :lol::cool:

I consider my boat(s) as tools, also. I do, however, take great care with all my tools. My Dad always impressed upon me that, "If you take care of your tools, your tools will take care of you." I live by that motto in regards. ;)

Latest posts

Back