Entry fees interest, something to consider!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
Before I fish my 1st tourney next month, I will have

Champlain Everstart - $650

Erie Everstart - $650

Champlain BFL - $150

Cayuga BFL - $150

BFL Super tourney - $300

Green Mtn Open - $75 (my half)

LCI - $75 (my half)

Plunder Bay open - $75 (my half)

NE Team Bass - $100 (membership + my half)

FLW membership - $21

BASS Membership - $40+

2 other misc tourneys - $75

That's over $2,300 for just little old me and a few tourneys. I'm sure I will fish at least 3 or 4 more but have to confirm the dates.

But it got me to thinking about guys that fish the FLW, BASS, and all the Everstarts. They usually just pay up front in advance for all tourneys and they pay it in November for December.

So 6 FLW tourneys (next year prices) = $18,000

4 Everstarts if they only fish 1 division = $2,600

4 BFL's and a BFL Super tourney = $900

And most guys fish misc local tourneys, add in say conservatively $1,000.

That's $22,500 in entry fees, if they DON'T fish any BASS tourneys which are even pricier. And most of that is paid 6 months in advance, so that's a LOT of interest that the organizations are reaping on top of the fees. Just take the FLW tourneys, and we'll round down to $20k per angler in case they don't fish all the BFL's because most won't.

So $20k x 200 anglers on the pro side = $4,000,000, then add it co-anglers = $960,000. So they have $5 MIL in the bank for at least 3-4 months drawing interest. And that doesn't even touch sponsor contributions. Man, talk about some coin!

That's how the championship are entry fee free and pay out so high.

And people wonder why Kellogs, Poulan, Snickers, Crown Royal, Pedigree, Weed Eater, etc, etc get involved. This doesn't even touch on

Out of state licenses

GAS!!!

Oil

Tackle

Motels

Food

Boats, motors, electronics

Repairs

and other misc expenses.

Bass fishing is BIG business man. I read somewhere that because bass fishing is a spectator/participant sport, in other words everyone that even watches as a fan IS a participant on some level, that the fishing industry generates more revenue annually than golf, football, and Nascar combined.

Not everyone that watches Nascar has one and races on the weekends.

Pretty interesting huh?

I REALLY need to contact Wonder Bra about a sponsor boat. Think of the wrap I'll have! LOL

Can you tell I'm aching to fish a tourney right now? All this reading about Guntersville, Hickory, sending in entry fees, and the calls I've been getting from pros coming up has REALLY got me wound. I'm already going through my Everstart strategy in my head and it's still FOUR months away. That's OK, I'm not the only one, Mark K. keeps calling me about it too, I know he's ready as well. My wife knows when I get a call when it's either Buzz or Mark, we'll talk fishing for an hour. COME ON JUNE!!!!!!

Might better try "Ultra Slim Panties" pink at that. Now think of the wrap. (sorry couldn't resist)

I'm thinkin' DUAL console, and the wrap could fit accordingly. It will be co-sponsored by Trojan. "TROJAN MAN!!!!" But that will be decals ONLY. No wrap for them! LOL

For both FLW and BASS, is it not that you have to have your deposit in by a certain time, then full payment by another?

Still a lot of money.

Most of those fees, are generally held in some type of trust/escrow account, until near the actual tournament. That would earn some interest, but not that much.

If they could get 5% on their money (per year), on an escrow/trust account, and had $1mm in it, that would be about $25,000.00 in interest (only about a half a year). For their organizations/budgets, that not very much. That won't even pay the salary of the person that is keeping track of/managing those activities.

Not disputing that it's alot of money, but not in the greater scheme.

Tex

I hadn't posted that HERE Tox! LOL It's still in the air. Waiting to hear. But I am sticking with my plan until I have a check in hand, entries paid, and new truck and boat in the yard. I not letting anyone blow smoke up my arse! I should know more next month.

Latest posts

Back