'Lil update for y'all

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
Well, I had my follow up with my regular MD today. He says I still have some fluid around my right lung, which explains why I was having a hard time breathing still. I thought it would have been "absorbed" by now but nothing is happening quite as quickly as I would like! I am trying to slowly reduce my pain pills which is working a little. The lung/chest pain is NOT helping with that! Anywho....

I am slowly getting more energy and gaining back some of the weight I lost. My arms still look like toothpicks from all the muscle mass loss (not much I can do there until I can start lifting more weight, which won't happen until my sternum is totally healed).

Onto to better topics. I did the surgery early (in the year) so it wouldn't interfere with my tourney schedule. That should tell some of you newer members just how serious I take my tourney career! :blink:

I am so stoked about this season, BOTH BFL and Everstart trails I am fishing have BOTH of their openers on Champlain in.......(wait for it).......June!!!! For those of you that know me, that's my money time. Sight fishing is my specialty AND all the side imaging in the world won't help you.....you gotta put in the time and find the fish, each indiviually with your naked eye! Really hoping I do well enought to pay not only the rest of my entry fees, but also the FLW open on Champlain that is another $4,000. Would be nice to get one of those side finders after June too! ;)

So basically I have 2 1/2 more months to heal up 100% and get back into my groove. Should be doable! And if I tank in my tourneys this year, I already have my excuse lined up. I will be fishing for "toads" this year, NOT "pigs" for obvious reasons!

Later sports fans.

Really glad you are starting to come around to "okay" and then onto healed". Imagine thye confusiion down there... a pig fishing for toads...:lol:

Keep healin' Rob! Glad things are looking up.

Any time you want bro you can come down to my place in Fl put your feet up next to the pool and heal like you need in style. The only weights you'll be liftin here is shrimp off the barbie!!

TOXIC

Good to hear Rob! Just take it easy and listen to your Doc for a great recovery and a wonderful start to a new chapter in your life. While you're healing remember to, "Go slow, so you can go some mo'!" ;)

Glad your back to your ole self Rob...I been through It all when It comes to the heart and you have to take care buddy...Catch alot and eat those fish..HA HAH HA JR:D

rob,

do your new body parts mean beacon is off the menu for you?

i mean with the laws agianst canibalisum and all. LOL :)

glad to hear you doing better.

Latest posts

Back