Eli's first tournament - no check, but he weighed fish!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
Eli and I fished a local club/pot tournamenet this morning, but we didn't win.

But, the more important thing for me was that Eli caught a keeper in his first tournament. He got it on a baby bass crankbait in 4 ft of water! I followed up a while later in 10ft of water with a keeper on a DS. That was it for us, 2 fish, but both keepers. He was ready at 5:40AM when I got him, has now claimed my FishHedz as HIS during Tournys, and is ready to go again! And he fished 95% of the time, through the rain, wind, dropping temps and long runs up/down the lake!!

I'll remember this day for ever, need to print and frame a copy of the pictures!

Oh and Harpo - Thanks for the hats, they went all over China and are still going strong!!

Trep

2008 November 11 Elis first weighin.JPG

2008 November 11 Elis first tourney.JPG

Man Trep, what a great story and a memory that will truly last a lifetime! My boy is 19 and I can tell you that the time flies. Just last month he said he was thinking about moving out, but wanted to stay close enough so we could hunt and fish together. It's the experiences like you just made with Eli that will keep ya'll the best of buddies as well as father and son. Tell your young angler Congrats from me!:) Great pics, you can tell that boy is fired up (I'm talking about the short one:lol::lol::lol:)

JP

Trep,

That is so great, beyond any description of how you feel that you can try to put into words....:D:D:D

That's as great as anything can get Michael! Wonderful pictures that made me feel better.

Don't forget to tell him Uncle Billy saw the pictures and was so very proud!:wub:

Uncle Billy

Great story and pictures. Eli - congratulations! Can't wait till I see you again, and get the chance to take you and Noah out on Lake Palestine. Maybe a trip to Lake Fork!

Tex

Now look at those smiles! That's what it's all about my friend:cool:

AWESOME!!!

I can't wait until my daughter is old enough to fish some tournaments with me.

Latest posts

Back