Ebay advice

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatrap

Reaction score
Yesterday I bid for an antique fishing lure w/box put a healty bid on it as I wanted it pretty bad. Now I find out that I'm getting reamed on Federal Income tax and could sure use that money to pay for a Politician's bar tab. Anyone back out of a bid on Ebay before, I find the policy a bit confusing.

fatrap:(

You could sell a couple oif nice M1's, Springfields, or M1A1... :blink:

Seriously, I think you have to "ask" to be let out of the bid... Usually it is for a mistake...

I hope some more experienced e-bayers can tell you more... Contact Rich he does a lot of business on e-bay.

And, there might be a collector here who would take it off your hands for whatever you bid... So, maybe post a link... or send me a rifle!!!!

When you make a bid, it's a contract, and for good reason: Your bid affects others bidders choices, which ultimately affects what the seller might get for an item.

If there are more than 12 hours left in the auction, contact the seller, explain what happened, and ASK if they consent to your bid cancellation. If they don't, you should maintain your bid and follow through.

You can always relist and sell the item yourself if you need the cash back.

Sell a rifle. Perish the thought. Although all of my rifle/pistol buying has been suspended until this little tax "mess" is paid for. Who knows maybe someone want the little lure more than me. Not being a big user of Ebay I learned a little lesson on bidding etc. That and the fact I don't like losing at anything. Auction bid, fishing tournament etc.

fatrap

If the item has not sold, and is not close to the close/date/time, it probably will be overbid. Unless you simply went over the top with your bidding.

Often times, there is little to no action till right at the end. Then a whole flurry of bids.

Tex

There is a way to retract your bid. People have done it to me before. It think it's as simple as checking a box that says you entered the wrong amount. I pulled one bid because the seller completely misrepresented what he was selling (jetski condition) but he knew I was retracting my bid and he knew why. Better to retract now so he can get another bidder than doing it after the auction closes and he has to relist.

You placed a bid on something and what you should do is follow through with it. Like Rich said, if you need the money that bad just relist the item and hope someone else wants it as much as you did. If not handled correctly your name could turn into MUD quickly if they leave negative feedback saying you won't pay when you win an auction.....Be Careful!

Uncle Billy

The best way to handle It... IF you can, Is retract your bid and bid a small ammount,It covers you .... If the ammount Is already high just retract It and send an E-mail to the seller and give them an excuse..If they are honest they won't have a problem,,I have been doing e-bay since It started.....JR

Latest posts

Back