Eagle Portable

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Griffeth

Reaction score
Anyone ever use the portable pack on one of the Eagle FishMark finders? I'm wondering how long the batteries typically last. How many batteries I should take to Canada on a fly-in for 5 days.

I've got a new FishMark 480. The battery pack is a PPP-14.

Thanks.

Jeff G

Jeff - I've not used the Eagle, but I've been using the Humminbird portables for 10 years. Those take the big 6 volt batteries, and we've never run out using just one set (2). We don't run it all day like I would if it was on my Tracker, but we use it to locate the structure, contour and fish and then turn it off.

I've used the Humminbirds too, with the same results. These Eagles use D-cells. I can't imagine them lasting that long, but I'm hoping I'm wrong.

Thanks.

Another one here using the Humminbird. Mine takes eight (8) AA batteries. So far, its lasted all day fishing and another half a day on one set of batteries. I may or may not have accidently turned it on when I put it away overnight in-between the two days. If so, then that sucker lasted for over 48 hours! I think a better bet is to stick with the 18 hours run time. That is, of course, with using a good quality alkaline battery and not running the power sapping features like the back light.

Jim,

That Piranha Portable you have should last between 25 hours (backlight on all the time) and 60 hours (backlight off all the time) according to the constant run tests we have performed. Of course a lot of this has to do with the quality of the capacity of the batteries (aka:

Thanks Greg. I guess I really DID leave the portable on all night! Impressive to say the least. The fact that I was fishing in some cooler temps (low 50's) may have contributed to shorter battery life. Let me note for the record that I really really like my Piranha portable - its better than the older model mounted on my Tracker!

Latest posts

Back