E-MAIL TO TRACKER FROM A SATISFIED CUSTOMER

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick De Marzio2

Reaction score
Nathan Long, Head of Customer Service

[email protected] 1/21/03

Justin Maples, Head of Warranty Dept.

[email protected]

Gentlemen,

First, I'd like to introduce myself. I am a retired Senior Systems Engineer from Lockheed Martin. Retired after 42 years with General Electric, Martin-Marietta and Lockheed Martin (mergers) working on Military Satellite Programs. I retired one day and the next day was back with Lockheed Martin as a Consultant. Prior to my retirement I was working on the GPS Program in the Design, Manufacture and Testing of the GPS Satellite and continued this working the Program as a Consultant. We have a Mission Statement here at Lockheed Martin "The Space Systems team of employees and Suppliers is committed to Mission Success. We are dedicated to satisfying our customers by delivering high quality products and services." TRACKER has the same Mission Success of satisfying their customers, whether they repair or replace a boat, it must be to the customers satisfaction as TRACKER has done with the aluminum issues that I was having with my boat.

I have four sons that I fish with in many tournaments in the Northeast. I have had several TRACKER boats and each time I purchased one, it was an upgrade. My sons and friends have TRACKER boats also.

When I had my aluminum issues with my TV18-2000-150HP, I first contacted my dealer Bowers Marine in Temple, PA and Service Manager Jeremy Garl and he then contacted TRACKER. The dealer attempted to fix one problem but to no avail. The problem re-occurred and more problems surfaced. The Service Manager contacted TRACKER again and a decision was made by TRACKER to return the boat to the factory for evaluation as it was still under warranty. They agreed to let us continue with my tournament trail and wait till the end of the tournament season before returning the boat to the factory. Every time I took the boat out I would give the boat a through inspection and notify the Service Manager on the status of the boat. We did not finish the tournament trail as the boat exhibited indications of self-destructing. We stopped fishing and returned the boat to the factory.

While the boat was in the process of being shipped to the factory I searched the Internet in an attempt to find other TRACKER owners who may have had the same or similar aluminum issues. I found the TRACKER/NITRO OWNERS web site and posted a message that asked if any TRACKER owners had the same aluminum issues that I had. The response was overwhelming with their experiences, analysis and most of all what TRACKER should do to satisfy the customer. I kept in daily contact with fellow members, over 1100 across the United States. They gave me confidence that TRACKER would do the right thing and they did. This letter will be posted on the web site.

I would like to thank the TRACKER Warranty Department, especially Amy, Sandy, Lisa, and Melissa. All communications were kind and courteous and all my questions were answered with respect. I would also like to thank my Service Manager, Jeremy Garl of Bowers Marine for his responses to all of my questions with a no hassle attitude and how he instilled in me the confidence that TRACKER would do the right thing to the satisfaction of its customers.

My boat and trailer were replaced with a TV18-2003 and 2003 trailer. Because of my work background I felt all along that the boat could not be repaired and that it had to be replaced. TRACKER did the right thing in this situation.

I don't have the boat yet, paperwork is in-process but I did get a chance to look at it at the Dealership, "Awesome".

This is one satisfied customer and will recommend to anyone, to purchase TRACKER products, as TRACKER will "Satisfy the Customer".

Satisfied Customer,

Nick,

There are many people that wil complain real quick, but there are very few that will give thanks where thanks will do.

Nice job on the letter and the time it took for you to take to send it in.

Just my opinion

Semper Fi

Carlos

This is the response from Mr. Long

Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2003 6:09 PM

To: 'DeMarzio, Nick'

Subject: RE: A satisfied customer

Dear Mr. De Marzio,

Do the right thing!

This is the motto of our service team. and we live it. We cannot resolve

unrealistic expectations but we can evaluate and resolve what we understand

is a valid complaint.

Thank you for sending to me your mail and thank you for being a valued

Tracker Marine Group customer,

Sincerely,

Nathan Long

Customer Service Manager

Tracker Marine Group

417-873-4540

good letter nick. people at tracker and here need to hear the good as well as the bad. it is so easy to focus on the bad issues and not the good. hopefully some good resolution can come of smitty's boat which just came back from tracker and bob wateskis boat also and jeffs too. hopefully that new boat will keep a smile on your face and take you to where the big hawgs hide out for a lot of yrs to come.

jd

Very, very nice, it's great to see something like this, and things like the way TRACKER handled your case goes a long way in my future boat buying decisions, Good for you Nick, and kudo's to Tracker! egMike

I too am sending an acknowledgement e-mail to Tracker (N. Long). I think they deserve to know that we appreciate their positive results.

I'm sorry, I just can't join in on this Tracker Marine Warranty Repair Lovefest......

Smitty

Here is the response from Mr. Maples

Nick,

Thank you for the letter. I have shared it with our department. I trust you

will have your boat back soon and be back on the water!

Regards, Justin Maples

O.K. Nick here goes. I don't want to offend anyone here at this site but,I'm with Smitty.I cannot join in on this lovefest. I did get a new boat and satisfaction in the VERY end but, had to go thru some seroius HELL to get there. As far as Justin Maples goes...he's one of the very people that I had trouble with. I finally went over his head. Sometimes even when you get satisfaction in the end does not mean you'll be comin' back for more....

TEE

I agree with you guys in reference to anyone that was not satisfied with the TRACKER decisions on what should be done relative to their issues. I don't consider this a lovefest, it's just one satsfied customer. I've been saying all along that Smitty should definitely get a replacement boat because of what I've experienced. His dealer should be the one yelling the most.

Ahh Carlos... We're usually too ugly to be loved by anybody except another Marine...LOL[

Ahh Carlos... We're usually too ugly to be loved by anybody except another Marine...LOL[

Don't worry Carlos, I got your 6....you'll be the first one invited to the next lovefest, but you gotta bring the women!!!

hahahahahah Thanks Ken, Will work on the dancing girls. May be a problem as the cash is short :) Greg, you are right!!!! Semper Fi

CArlos

Latest posts

Back