dishonest repair center

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Spencer2

Reaction score
I have a 65lb minn-kota reconditioned that is one month past warranty, the steering was sticking so I sent it to an authorized minn-kota repair place, it was packaged in the box it came in, (Styrofoam around head and prop area) it was in perfect condition when I sent it out and I assumed it would be an easy fix, WRONG assumption, guy calls me and said that it needs new head because it was all broken up and would cost 200.00 to fix! UPS is going to do a visible in section, I really believe in my heart that the guy is lying and trying to milk me out of 200.00 dollars! Any suggestion would be appreciated.

By the head do you mean the top where the direction dial goes? If you are it sounds like the guy is trying to take you for a ride, i had to replace mine over the winter and the parts cost me less then 25 bucks direct from minnkota.

Tell him "No thanks" and have him ship it back to you. Then take it to another authorized repair center to see if they want to charge you $200 to fix it.

The problem I have is that he is going to charge me $35 just to look at it and I think if I told him to send it back he would break it on purpose!

Where is this place... I am sure we can find a member here that would pick it up unannounced and ship it to you... I would certainly do that for you if it is anywhere in the Chicago, IL area...

And if we find that they are dishonest, we could probably wrangle up a bunch of us to go down there and do some good old fashioned butt whupping. Greg Meyer, you in cuz? Family is family. LOL

-Carl Meyer

My bologna has a first name, it's Oscar

My bologna has a second name it's MEYER!!!!!!!!

Your "bologna" has a name alright and it's "Teeney Neeley"...LOL

Greg's ready to go down there and pour a 55 gallon drum of whoopass on 'em.

Harpo

Actually... I prefer to give out a "million dollar education...shoved up their (somewhere fitting) a nickel at a time!"

Keep messing with the Meyers, Neeley and you'll go the way of the Dodo Bird. We Meyers can go from Teddy Bear to Grizzly Bear in one jerk flat, and won't miss a wink of sleep later. LOL

I fondly remember rooming with Greg...listening to Barbara Streisand and all his show-tune cd's until the wee hours.

To try to get back on target, did you declare the value for UPS? I think they only cover $100 bucks unless otherwise insured. If you did, I would file a claim through them.

Rich D

One of the repair centers is here in St. Louis..... If that's the one, I'd be happy to go by there for you.

And I was in the room next to Neeley and Meyer. The Barbara Streisand was bad enough..... But Neeley doing the duet with Johnny Mathis was just too much.

I was in the room on the other side of Neeley and Meyer AND I CAN'T YET BRING MYSELF TO TALK ABOUT IT !

OH! So you must have been the one that Shirley said drilled holes in the wall!

Wellllll... And, I thought we lived by the rule; "what you see at the Rally and hear at the Rally...stays at the Rally"...

Latest posts

Back